Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: field stripping a marlin 1894s

Boolit Mold
    I have a Marlin 1893 Octagon and I'm wondering the same. Anyone's input would be appreciated

Boolit Master
    A comment about the 1894 44 Magnum: The rifling twist rate is a slow 1 in 38", about 1/2 the twist rate of my ruger SBH revolvers. The handy little rifle won't stabalize a bullet longer than a 270 gr, but the SBH revolvers handle a 310 gr Lee cast bullet with excellent accuracy. Check the Marlin website for details like that if you want to carry the same ammo for a rifle and handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    A comment about the 1894 44 Magnum: The rifling twist rate is a slow 1 in 38", about 1/2 the twist rate of my ruger SBH revolvers. The handy little rifle won't stabalize a bullet longer than a 270 gr, but the SBH revolvers handle a 310 gr Lee cast bullet with excellent accuracy. Check the Marlin website for details like that if you want to carry the same ammo for a rifle and handgun.
    FWIW, My M1894 in .44 mag really likes 200 grain bullets. They are just the right length for its 1in38 cut rifling. I bought a mold specifically for it, a 200 grainer with gas check. I haven't used it yet, but the rifle is a tack driver with 200 grain jacketed, XTPs or Gold Dots, over 6.8 gr of Winchester Super Target. - CW
    Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. - Patrick Henry, March 1775

Boolit Buddy
    I just got my 94 marlin in 38/40 up and running. I bought it at the B'more show at a good price because the hammer would not stay cocked. When taking it down I found the locking bolt and ejector missing. I bought those and fixed the trigger/hammer issue then found the loading gate would not let me load ammo into the mag tube. I figured that out and fixed that issue. I took it out on Monday to shoot. All worked well and I now have a fully functioning rifle. I see where those ejectors would be easy to lose as it just fits loosely in a slot. I guess this halps keep Wisner's in business.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123