Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Grand Master

Updated pic of my bench. The old Pacific is replaced by a Rock Chucker and there is a power strip for the PACT dispenser.

Last edited by imashooter2; 04-09-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    imashooter2,

I like the porcelin throne in your shop. All I have is a sink and a large cup.

The workmate has never tipped. I have loaded thousands of rounds on it. I have it with the legs extended to the higher stance plus that gives it a little wider footprint. I sit in a little taller chair and it works fine. My workmate is probably 25 years old.

I just did an online search and the new ones look different than mine. You might just need to try it.

Wow

Some if these setups are pretty nice. I try and keep my area somewhat clutter free but we all know how hard that can be when you have a bunch of different projects going on. I lived in an aprartment and had to suffer with an "apartment bench" for a few years. It wasn't too bad other than the really poor ergonomics of my "bench" and stool. It was fine for short periods and smaller batches but nothing beats a large garage with plenty of space.

My girlfriend was wrong; I don't have too much reloading equipment. I am going to show her MAZO KID's "office". Some of your collections are bordering on insanity. Multiple sizers/lubers, three or four presses, a couple tumblers, dozens of dies... sure, some of it speeds things up and makes for convenience, but couldn't you just use the money you spent on that extra equipment to buy more guns or even a hired hand to help reload?

Bunch of packrats and obsessive compulsives, I can refer some of you to a good shrink to help with these obsessions.

Ha, who am I kidding? I have more brass saved up than I will use in a lifetime. The looks I got from the movers last time I moved, What the hell does this guy got going on here?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by VTDW View Post
    imashooter2,

I like the porcelin throne in your shop. All I have is a sink and a large cup.

Actually very nice to have. Saves a lot of stair climbing and interruptions. There's a huge kitchen type sink with drain table sides and a pair of set tubs behind the roll around and shelving. A general purpose wooden work bench sits off to the left of the reloading bench forming a "T" with space to work between them. Also have a shower stall over behind the roll around. Can't say as that gets used much. It's nice that the wife allows me a bit of "man space" in my own home. I know some others that have to fight for a closet.

Banned
    MDF99, What is the manufacture of your bullet sizing press? I've not seen one like it before.
    DUST

My 2 benches. I'm starting to think about setting up a third because as you can see these 2 are about at their limit. If I go with a Hornady LNL Progressive dedicated to .223, I'll most likely set it up on a seperate bench. Bill T.

Banned

I currently pressed for space but it works..
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 12-31-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Dust Collector, my sizer is a Ballisti-Cast, there's a write up about it on Gunblast.com I think.

Boolit Master

Ranch Dog's Spread...

Enjoyable post fellows. When I bought this ranch and started my "makeover", I had a 50' X 55' metal building built that is half garage and half barn. In the garage half I have a 15' X 25' reloading room.

Walking into the room from the garage. Storage for powder in the closet to the right. Around the corner is a complete bath. Deeper in the room to the right is a large bunk bed for visiting hunters. Central air/heat with dehumidifier, ceiling fan, tile floors, dust reduction system, etc.

A little deeper look into the room. Main reloading bench on left wall. Safe in back corner. Small reloading bench on back wall with a Lee Load-Master for my pistol stuff and a Lee Load-All for my shotgun stuff. Bookshelf in back right corner.

Looking back toward the entrance of the room, there is a gun rack for my guns that are on the line and then a cedar cabinet holds my dies

My main work bench with the little Lee Reloading (C) press that I use with their Lube & Size Kits and my old and trusty, Turret press. The bucks over the bench are my the results of my last two hunting season. Under the bench are cataloged lots of brass ready to hit the press.

Better look at the "sleeping quarters". My shooting range can be seen from the window (not visable in the picture).

More critters on the wall. There is 640 acres of prime hunting when you walk out the door!

Here's the crapper... pretty nice!!! The deer horns give it a nice touch don't you think?

There is a walk in shower to get cleaned up before and after the hunt!

VTDW and Steelbanger have stayed in my digs before...
    Michael

Banned

Dog-

I want to come by and hang out with you...!

Boolit Master

What a set up!! I like it a lot! A bunch of Lee stuff in there. The proof is in the pudding.

My son & I spent three nights in RD's loading/bunkhouse room as his guests on a hog hunt. I was the lucky winner of the drawing in last years Postal Match! Couldn't ask for nicer people or finer accommodations. Clean, comfortable, and a rifle range a few yards away. A great man sharing his good fortune. Those pics bring back a great memory.
    "He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    I currently pressed for space but it works..
    Do you use the sewing machine to install gas checks?

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by VTDW View Post
    Do you use the sewing machine to install gas checks?
    That's for making hollow points.

Banned

Well now I guess the secrete's out...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Well now I guess the secrete's out...
    I got it!!! Boxing gloves for the kitten.

Seriously though, I enjoy seeing the pics of others as I get some great ideas from them.

Dave

Boolit Master

Dave, no more sweating while on the range. It's changed a bit since you and Jack were here. I think you will like it come the September/October.

Michael

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Dog View Post
    Dave, no more sweating while on the range. It's changed a bit since you and Jack were here. I think you will like it come the September/October.

WOW!! Two shooting benches, a nice table top, all on a concrete pad along with shade and even lights. Yours is the best range I have ever had the opportunity to use Michael.

Dave

Boolit Master

Those eve lights turn on at dusk so you don't have to grope around in the dark to find the controls for the electric winch to lift your hog out of the truck. The ground covered by the shade is a gravel ramp and the winch is above it. Water is there and all the cleaning tools are in the foot locker! Also some real nice fluorescent work lights to help with the cleaning chores. Oh, almost forgot. Wireless internet out there too!
    Michael

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast