Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 17 of 128 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Quote Originally Posted by TRguy View Post
    It does the job I suppose
    Looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Is the air-conditioner able to keep up with the heat that comes in from that uninsulated metal roof? You look like you have quite a few trees shading it, so maybe it isn't as bad... If I tried that around here, I doubt the air-conditioner could make up for all the heat coming into the room from the metal roof... I'll be glad when the next Ice Age comes so that we'll finally have a *temperate* climate around here...

To tell you the truth I havent had to turn it on yet it has only got to about 85 deg here and yes it is shaded very good it has stayed about 70 to 75 deg inside I did turn on my fan the other day when I was casting some Boolits
    My idea of gun control is a firm grip

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Trey45; 02-18-2012 at 10:01 PM.

DHenry ,

Wow are those dillon case trimmers on your 1050's ?? Very nice set up sir .
    Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

Thank you.
    I have a brass processing business and the trimmers are great, really cut down on time
    Last edited by Trey45; 02-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.

My new bench and still in progress

My new bench is a work still in progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man cave 003.jpg   Man cave 002.jpg  

Boolit Buddy

Owned that kit since 2005 and have really enjoyed it, This is my first post I joined because i was to start casting my own. I'm really looking forward to it.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

my bench

When I had my farm, my reloading bench was in my shop, which was great except for getting sawdust all over my reloading stuff. Eventually I got an 8 X 16 pre-built shed just for reloading/bullet casting. Since the divorce (split happens) I have moved into an apartment. This is the corner of the living room I have turned into my "shop", haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bench.jpg   reload1.jpg  
    Last edited by watkibe; 06-15-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: new pic

Threw this together with scrap this weekend. I needed something small for my 1 bedroom apartment.
    Last edited by Saint; 06-22-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Threw this together with scrap this weekend. I needed something small for my 1 bedroom apartment.
    You have your priorities all wrong... You should have created a loft bed and had the lower portion as a reloading station...

Come on... What's more important to you -- sleeping or reloading?

Boolit Master

>> Just COULD NOT bring myself to drill any holes through the bench.

You will be surprised and amazed when you discover how liberating it was to mount the press with bolt and holes in that bench. That really is why you built it. No more knee-knocking C-clamps could be a beautiful thing.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    >> Just COULD NOT bring myself to drill any holes through the bench.

You will be surprised and amazed when you discover how liberating it was to mount the press with bolt and holes in that bench. That really is why you built it. No more knee-knocking C-clamps could be a beautiful thing.

David
    Kinda like getting those first scratches in the bed of a new pickup truck.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Got around to taking some pics of the man cave. Old lady won't let me cast down here. Have to do it in the garage. Yes there's 5 of them. I got all of them for the price of 2 LNL presses. Call me lazy, I've got them set up and I don't have to change a thing.
    Last edited by jcw1970; 07-25-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Well here is my little reloading table that I have spent the last several days to put up. Got tired of the darn 100+ Texas heat out in the garage lol. So I put it inside. Sorry for the Mess. Under the Press is one of those PAT creations lol.

The Main bench is a close out from Sears as there wood working bench. Got it cheap and I sure wish they would have had more lol. And the top is made from a commercial solid core fire door that is 84 by 32 and mounted to the bench. Seems solid enough lol.

If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Jester, nice
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thank You Crabo nothing fancy or huge like many I see but it does the job and I am trying to keep it clean and simple. If it is not being used it is not on the table lol.

This goes mainly for powder and primers. I keep them put away but if I use a certain primer and or powder than I will leave only those containers on the table so there is no mix up so I do not BLOW UP lol.

And I felt after all this time on this forum it was about time I posted something that would resemble some type of reloading area lol.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 07-05-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Banned

That looks great Cliff...! Where are you keeping your other presses?

Nothin's like freeing up bench space for other uses as well. I like multi purpose stuff. ...

I have not mounted the other two items as of yet. The Lyman 45 I need to do some rebuilding to. And you can not do that with it mounted lol.

Pat you are so right about space. When I was getting ready to set up this table your mount was the first thing I thought of lol. As I have looked at every single page here with a press here and a press there here a press there a press everywhere a press press with no McDonald lol. Way too many presses mounted all of the time leaving little room to actually work on anything.

But that is just my simple view as what do I know I am new to the reloading bizz.

And I have two single stage presses of which I am thinking of mounting which are RCBS or I may sell them and purchase the Lee Classic Cast Single Stage Press. I just do not know as of yet. I think I am going PRESS NUTS lol.

For when the presses and or Lyman 45 are not mounted I am going to make a stand so I can stack them in.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 07-05-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Boolit Master

I've lived in the same place most of my life, and the amount of reloading stuff you can accumulate is wild. I have a few pics here of my outdoor "shooting shack" that I'm set up to shoot out of the window, plus a couple of pics of my loading room in the house.(yes, I lose stuff in there), plus I have another bedroom in the house as a storage room since the kids are gone from home, and drums of wheelweights over at my shop,with my smelting setup. about 40 years of it. Still fun!
    Last edited by softpoint; 11-02-2009 at 08:39 AM.

SoftPoint I have to say you need a Pat Mount lol. Or a couple of dozen of them lol.

But I thought I would add this since I have not seen one good pic of a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press or the Lee Classic Cast Single stage as to what people do with the Spent Primer Tube.

As you can see what I did was make a piece that would go into the tube and then made a hole in the top of a pill bottle that you can pick up at any drug store if you are nice lol. And so it is quick and easy to get rid of the spent primers or anything else that goes through the tube into the pill bottle. The best part is you can go LARGE as I did or small depending on how often you wish to dump it.

The pictures I had before this one I used a 1 pound powder bottle but it was not clear and I felt it was a bit too large to use. So that is why right after I took the pictures and posted them I just had to change it lol.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 07-05-2009 at 11:14 PM.