Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2544

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Mold
    Just got my bench set back up in the house we moved into a year ago. Time to get back at it.

Boolit Master

Now that a I have finished my reloading room, company wants me to move to another state, sigh…

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    Update photos. Have one more riser on order for single stage presses to arrive and install, but progressives are all set.
    Attachment 281418

Added an extra bin to riser for boolits on lnl in rear using a piece of angle i had laying around. Also shown is the upgrade from inlinefabrication rotating the ammo bin 90 degrees. A lot more rigid than oem. I keep this press setup for 9mm luger exclusively and really cranks them out.
    Attachment 281419

Added another bin to left side of 550 as well since there was a place for it on top plate.
    Attachment 281423

Outlets for led’s and case feeder hidden inside cabinets.
    Attachment 281420
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Just got my bench set back up in the house we moved into a year ago. Time to get back at it.
    I can respect a little interior plumbing if it means getting to play at my bench

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by makeurownfun View Post
    I have a thread in Reloading Equipment that shows more. But here is my new room, still under construction
    Well ok!

Boolit Buddy
    Here are a few shots of my shop. Looks like I need to resize them.
    Last edited by JDHasty; 02-27-2022 at 01:34 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    Now that a I have finished my reloading room, company wants me to move to another state, sigh…

It's starting to look like your new hobby will be building reloading rooms, rather than using them. (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

On a brighter note, all you're really losing is walls and wiring. The furnishings can move with you (as long as you're not moving to an apartment). It stinks to have lost so much time invested, but I've never finished a project that I didn't start wishing I'd done some things better, or just differently. Your new room will benefit from the experience of building this one. And what you leave behind probably increases the sales appeal of your house, so, bonus!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    It's starting to look like your new hobby will be building reloading rooms, rather than using them. (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

On a brighter note, all you're really losing is walls and wiring. The furnishings can move with you (as long as you're not moving to an apartment). It stinks to have lost so much time invested, but I've never finished a project that I didn't start wishing I'd done some things better, or just differently. Your new room will benefit from the experience of building this one. And what you leave behind probably increases the sales appeal of your house, so, bonus!
    Haha, yuck it up. House goes up for sale next week, been living in a hotel in Minneapolis last two months…looking forward to moving on and getting a room rebuilt.

Kev
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

New Reloading Room

My last reloading room was about 120 sq ft and was just about perfect for my needs. After retirement we moved from SE New Mexico to the Houston area in 2019 to a house with no place to reload or build my RC airplanes so I designed a shop and had it built. I had to satisfy the city and the HOA architectural committee. One restriction was that it had to be attached to the house or garage and another was an aerial right-of-way for power lines in a neighborhood where all of the cables are buried. The HOA architectural committee wasn't a problem. It's my next door neighbor and we get along well. The city wasn't even very difficult. I only had to make one revision for them to approve my amateur but very complete CAD drawings. I just wish I had tried to get a higher roofline approved so I would have had more headroom for the reloading area. In my drawings the shop is no taller than the ridge of the garage which made walls on the sides of the reloading area nonexistent. In the long run, I think it's going to work out well in spite of the headroom limitation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3518.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	303692
    This is the empty room while I was laying the vinyl flooring.

Name:	IMG_4312.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	303693 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4313.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	303694
    Casting area. The bathroom fan was purchased for my last reloading room that had a normal 8' ceiling and open space above it. I never got around to installing it so I used it here. It's very quiet. I think the sones rating is 50. I installed an under counter LED light that I had on hand inside the vent hood. It's not nearly bright enough and will be replaced.

Name:	IMG_4311.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	303695 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4314.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	303696
    Bullet sizing station and pistol mold storage. I don't cast for rifles much so those molds are a few steps away from the casting area.

Name:	IMG_4305.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	303697
    Wide shot of the single stage and progressive benches. I used some old cabinet doors that I found in the attic to cover the window to keep prying eyes from seeing into the room. I like the solution much better than curtains since the doors also serve to hold my cap and safety glasses. The case feeder for the 650 was temporarily removed to feed cases to my Magma Case Master Jr. It really speeds up push-through sizing of .40 S&W range brass. Once brass has been through the Case Master Jr. it is marked before going to the range so I know it's already been full length sized. I shoot it in an STI (avatar photo) so after one push-through sizing it can be full length sized on a press for subsequent reloads.
    Last edited by David2011; 08-30-2022 at 03:38 AM.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG_4306.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	303698 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4307.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	303699
    Closer views of the progressive and single stage benches. In the previous reloading rooms the progressive bench was 42" tall; about the same as a standard 36" high bench plus a strong mount. In this shop I had to shorten the bench to a height where I can use the Dillon presses while sitting. I've always used the single stage presses from a sitting position so there were no changes to that bench.

Name:	IMG_4310.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	303700 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4292R.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	303701
    The previous shops had cabinets on the walls. Since I no longer have walls the benches were reinforced to make the legs more stable and lots of storage was built onto the benches.

Name:	IMG_4300.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	303702 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4301.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	303703
    Somewhere around 2008 I decided to make the single stage bench more versatile. I set 1/4"x20 threaded inserts into the bench in a pattern that matched the hole pattern in all of my mounting plates. Presses are mounted on 3/8"x6"x12" steel. Light duty tools like powder measures, the Forster case trimmer and RCBS bench priming tool are mounted on 1/2" aircraft plywood. This system makes it easy to put the tools on the bench in whatever order best fits what I'm doing at the moment. The socket head capscrews and some of the inserts in the bench are visible here.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Nice setup, David. Incredibly efficient use of small space. I'm 6'4" so I think I'd be claustrophobic in there!

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice looking room! I recently moved and went from a 108 sq ft room to a 216 sq ft room. I need to relearn how to post pictures!

Boolit Man
    That's super!!

Greg
    The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

Boolit Bub

Name:	A9E6C921-3FC7-470A-AA0C-511917D9FBAE.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	303808

Name:	23E90A5A-09F3-4821-BED9-0DDAA6E98C8F.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	303809

Name:	BE7F63F0-B48D-465C-90F7-A752C853E3F3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	303810

Name:	00A0E360-5D05-4CD2-8C45-44071EA17814.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	303811

Boolit Master

Huntinherrington, that’s a nice work space.

Thanks for the nice comments about my reloading room, gentlemen.

Boolit Master
    Yes< i put stuff away for safe keeping, all the time, it's safe, i can't find it again, when i look for it, but when looking for some thing else, i come across it, so i put it away for safe keeping again, repet, repet, repet ??? Some day i may find my reloading bench again ???
    I know it is along, in side, my pistol range, some where ??? Oh well<< just like christmas every day, never know what i will find ????

Boolit Man

Portable

I have to have a small footprint and be portable. ( or I'd be sleeping in my truck) but I am surprised how study it is.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset.php.jpeg 
Views:	665 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	304147

My tiny humble setup (now has shelves so powder isn't on the bench)

I also use furniture nuts under my mounting plates that allow me to swap my sg presses. One is set up for 12 and the other for 20 ga.

Nice setup, Mint. Makes me realize that when we use small spaces, we tend to keep them a little better organized.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast