MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Mold
    [QUOTE=ktw;140973]I've taken over half of a small basement.

Reloading: Front

Like your primer catcher!

Mine is NEVER clean and is constantly morphing as I add and remove equipment.

On one side of my boolit dungeon i have a stand up bench with a 550 on it. Before I got a 650 it had 2 550s, when this was taken:

Tall standup benches on casters have to have a lot of ballast to keep them steady:

I sold a 550 and added a 650 last fall, and had to improvise to get it set up on the bench on the other side of the shop (ie 4 ft away) so that the casefeeder would clear the ceiling easily. I need to cut 3-4" off the stool legs for a better angle when i using the 650 though:

All my lead and casting stuff is in another hole under my house, never had room to keep any of it in this shop except for the lubrisizer that lives in a box but comes out and bolts to the bench when needed:

Brass started taking up a lot of room but i got a handle on it for now thanks to the cat-ladies at my office.

You still have a lot of room to add more items

Boolit Mold

My little corner

Boy some of you guys are just as spoiled as I wish to be some day. As a kid going to my corner was a bad thing now I do bad things just so I can go to my corner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 pictures 075.jpg   2008 pictures 076.jpg  
    All Rights Reserved!!!

Boolit Mold
    cohutt

How do you fix a billiard ball to the end of the handle? Want to do that with my rockchucker.

oscar
    Last edited by oscar; 05-23-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    cohutt

How do you fix a billiard ball to the end of the handle? Want to do that with my rockchucker.

oscar
    Aneat here drills and taps them. he has some 8 balls for sale @ freakshowbullets

http://www.freakshowbullets.com/prod...roducts_id=163

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Like your primer catcher!
    Thanks. It works great.

I notice quite a few changes since that picture was taken. The best upgrade was replacing the Rock Chucker with a Lee Classic Turret. Don't know how I ever got along without one.

-ktw

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sundogg1911 View Post
    wow...when i started this thread i never dreamed it would go this long. It's really cool to see everyones setup. while I do agree that equipment is only part of the equasion, i've really picked up some great ideas of how to re-org my stuff one the next round.
    I agree Sun, you done good. there is lots of ideas here that would help anybody either just starting or someone that's been doing this for years.
    Great thread!!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    i used 2 two drawer filing cabinets and a heavy sheet of plywood with formica on top.
    i bolted the cabinets to the floor and bolted the wood to the cabinets.
    it does not move.
    and ive got 4 good sized drawers to put crap in.

a few small strong magnets on the wall to hold tools is a good idea also.
    just to the right of that is another very small bench for a table saw.

cost
    about $15
    i got the cabinets from a thrift store.

this is good for my tiny house
    Last edited by unclebill; 05-29-2008 at 07:11 PM.

This usually gets me out of my reloading room.

Wifey. aka BUFFALO BARBIE or TGITPT

We had to buy a larger house last week so I have a larger reloading room now. Pics to follow.

Last edited by Just Duke; 05-29-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Boolit Mold

Quit showin off

All Rights Reserved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by si vis pacem, para b View Post
    What, would you rather see my uqly cake whole? lol

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'm in the process of remodeling my reloading room. I need more storage space and a bigger bench. I'm scared to take a picture of my current rats nest. It might break the camera. I've got most of my material together so I'll get started soon. When I get home I'll take a photo and post it so I'll have the before and after pics.

Thumbs up Tables and Table Design

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydaux View Post
    do you guys see any benefits from loading on a metal table? Id think it would be more ridgid.
    Jim -
    Stiffness of any construction comes mostly from the shape of the building material and proper gusseting of the corners, not the material itself. Metals are only preferred for commercial and industrial constructions because metal is so easy to join, last longer in the weather, and has a known and consistent strength.

As far as getting a bench, here are 2 low-dollar options....

• There are workbench kits available at your local hardware store that contain all the metal brackets required to construct a bench. These typically require you to buy your own screws, 2x6 and 3/4 plywood, but make very substantial benches. The great thing is that you can build a bench exactly to your needs.

• Another source is your local "thrift store". I see very extra heavy-duty, government issue metal desks from the 50's and 60's all the time for $15 to $50. Although rusty in spots and usually needing some drawer lube, these desks are still rock solid.

Hope this helps !
    Old and Wobbly !!

But it sure beats the other option!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RFWobbly View Post
    Jim -
    Stiffness of any construction comes mostly from the shape of the building material and proper gusseting of the corners, not the material itself. Metals are only preferred for commercial and industrial constructions because metal is so easy to join, last longer in the weather, and has a known and consistent strength.

As far as getting a bench, here are 2 low-dollar options....

• There are workbench kits available at your local hardware store that contain all the metal brackets required to construct a bench. These typically require you to buy your own screws, 2x6 and 3/4 plywood, but make very substantial benches. The great thing is that you can build a bench exactly to your needs.

• Another source is your local "thrift store". I see very extra heavy-duty, government issue metal desks from the 50's and 60's all the time for $15 to $50. Although rusty in spots and usually needing some drawer lube, these desks are still rock solid.

Hope this helps !
    i have one of those battleship grey brutes $15 at a thriftstore.
    5 big locking drawers and it takes two strong men to move it.

Boolit Master

Here's my room. I have another bench that I lube bullets on and keep my tools on, but it was wrecked!!!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I was going to suggest a solid core door as an answer to the benchtop materials discussion above. I see EMC45 has put one to good use in his photo.

Old file cabinets also make great storage units for brass, powder, cases of primers, etc.

-ktw

Boolit Master

Yup that is a mineral filled fire proof door. Weighs about 100lb! Built the bench in the room, and kinda slapped the door up there and squared it up and screwed it down. The shelves are some free plywood from an old job. Just lined that stuff up and used sheetrock screws to button it up. And it's screwed to the bench. All my brass is under the bench in old coffee and baby formula cans. The yellow strips come in real handy. They are Stanley bins that lock into the dovetail of the strips. All my cast bullets are in the sour cream tubs to the left of the benchtop. Any kind of container is mine after it's cleaned out, peanut butter jars, mayo, sour cream, formula (I still have a little one), coffee etc. etc. BTW the entire bench was FREE material!!! It is pressure treat lumber, and the door was free too, also the drafting chair. Had to re-upholster it though. Used an old BDU top for that. All my pistol dies are set for the Lee Classic Cast, and all the rifle dies are set for the RCBS.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Mold
    Some of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1.JPG   P2.JPG  

My humble cave

Not much but keeps me out of trouble.

The Dove

Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast