Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 7.92x57 Experiment

Boolit Master
    Welcome back 303guy, we missed you!

The bore on your carbine makes the M48's look pristine! In fact, it makes me think that Grandads old 25-20 pump action Marlin may be shootable. Say, 303guy, if it's not to much trouble could you post some pictures of the mould and boolit that comes out of it? I've seen pictures of your patches for a tapered boolit. I can see where you would think about making a die for that. Also, how did you make your mold? I fiddled around with that, but didn't come up with anything that I would actually pour lead into.

Good info and good advice on the duplex loads there Nobade, thanks. I'm being forced into trying that technique by the current powder desert we are experiencing. Currently I'm gathering all of the info on duplexing that I can find and consolidating it into one document for the shooting log. Kind of a personal "how to" manual to cogitate on. So far, I haven't found anywhere that someone has actually blown anything up yet, but it gets mentioned a LOT as a possibility.

Boolit Buddy
    303guy: good to see you back. hope that everything is somewhat better for you now. As to that rifle having "shallow rifling", HA. that rifling is in better shape than some of mine!!!! Hope you are doing well.

Offshore44: that desciption was well put and I understand what you were trying to say. in my case, I need to do a proper pound cast and see what gives in the old girl. I may try to gently ream the forcing cone by hand and try the Throating fit. oop's I think that on this part, I'm repling to CJR---so sorry. None the less trying your techique first and if that doesn't work then hone the cone. Both of your responses make a lot of sense. As for not getting back sooner, my apologies as I have been sick and having alot of trouble with my right ankle and left knee. will have to have surgery on both. Ain't old age great! . But the down time will allow me to play with my toys and try to work out some of the problems, plus I have some young studs that like to shoot and that will take care and help the "old man". He-he. Love this site. God Bless to all of you and yours.

Goofy Aka GOF, Godfrey or Goofyoldfart (your choice)

P.S. Nobade, didn't mean to ignore your additions. I just don't think that I'll be shooting over 1700-1900 FPS. I have enough damage to my bod and I'm not sure if my shoulder would take any more than that. If anything, Heavy for caliber at 1500- 1800 fps is probably more in my style. I think that I could stop deer or piggy or a charging squirrel or wabbit with that range of power.
    Last edited by goofyoldfart; 04-22-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot summpthin'
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345