Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magma Master Caster

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range. txpete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundogg1911 View Post
    wow. Nice Triumph! TXPete. I've had a few of them over the years. (A Bonny and a Tiger) I think i'm gonna save my pennys and buy a Master Caster.

thanks.been riding harleys and triumphs since 68 .my first triumph has a daytona twin carb then a 66 bonnie.my dad had harleys and it took some time before I went over to the dark-side .this bonnie just fits me now as a geezer I don't ride long distance anymore.
    pete

Creeker,
    That is one Hellova nice setup. I think I am going to get a Master caster, and have all of my RCBS/Lyman doubles converted to fit. If it can work for me the way you are using it for all of my larger moulds, it will be worth the money. I just picked up a Star Sizer last week, so once I get the correct sizing dies for it, I should be in Business. I found out i'm going to be getting a bonus check a little over 3 grand. I wonder where that money will go
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

I used a simple board for a mould guide but I'm sure something a lot better could be designed without much trouble. I used a coffee can behind the MC for the board to rest on and set some lead on the board to hold it solid......Lynn

Boolit Master

What about Ballisti-cast?

Check out Ballist-casts MK1V. It is more expenssive than the Magma Master Caster but it is it looks freakin' machine...

AbitNutz,
    I have talked to a few people that have used bot, and both like the MK1V, but liked the Master Caster a little better. If they were excatly the same quality, i think I'd like still stick with Magma, just because I use a Star sizer, and but my sizing dies from them. and it is a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    Check out Ballist-casts MK1V. It is more expenssive than the Magma Master Caster but it is it looks freakin' machine...
    It's a good little machine which uses two moulds. Interesting indeed.
    Last edited by LAH; 10-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.

hmmmm.... 2 molds ya say?
    now ya got me thinkin'

Banned

I didnt know it used two molds myself. Thats got me thinking of one as the only reason i never got a magma was there to slow.

Yes two moulds on a wheel that rotates a full 360. Filling at 12, dumping at 6. The handle works on a rachet set up plus it comes with a cooling fan. Unless things have changed these use only two cavity moulds as the pour spout does remove.

Boolit Bub
    I had one of the manual Ballista Cast MK4 machines, that used 4 moulds, I also had (have) a Master Caster. The Ballista Cast was too complicated and more trouble than what I wanted to fool with. I kept on using the Magma Master Caster.

The Master Caster and Star Package is now (still) for sale.

little willie

Boolit Buddy
    Little willie: I do not find your ad in the swap section. What ya got and what do you got to have for it?

Boolit Bub
    3sixbits, It was listed a while back, Jan. 30, I believe. Go back in the archives and you can view it. little willie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12