WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: In praise of the Lee Hand Press

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    I bought my first Lee hand press for $13.95, used it, liked it, gave it to my son to spark his interest in reloading. I bought another, this time $19.95 and still use either it or my 310 tool, depending on the task at hand. I see now that the little Lee press is pushing 30 bucks or more and has this new feature. O.K....time to pony up the dough!

It's a good tool, well designed a amply strong enough for the job. As mentioned, the only drawback (and it's minor) is that you have to remember to empty the primers out of the ram. It's an easy task to learn though.....just forget once and after fumbling with tweezers, etc. you'll always remember after that!
    To avoid removing primers I decap them with a collar and decapping pin before sizing them. It's so easy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post
    The only minor pain for me has been that after around 10 decaps the shell holder has to be pulled to empty the spent primers, but it only takes a few seconds to do that. LLS
    I am not exactly sure, but mine will hold 40 spent primers (small) I was thinking....it is at least 20 years old I will guess, not sure if it is consider an old one. I did buy it used, maybe someone bored it out deeper for more capacity?

I only use mine for decapping, my Lee universal die never comes out of it. I decap prior to tumbling and then size. Very handy tool, but keep that on the down-low, lots of Lee haters here.
    Last edited by remy3424; 04-02-2021 at 02:00 PM. Reason: content
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    I bored a 5/16 hole in the side of the ram at the bottom of the ram hole and just let them fall into a small waste basket. I have two and did one to see if I would like it and I do. My first one a bought was $19.95 and came with the Lee reloading book. The second was bought a couple months ago at an auction for $2. It was listed as a "red thing" as they had no idea what it is.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910