Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Val-Scott shotgun dies

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Val-Scott shotgun dies

While rummaging through some old boxes of inherited reloading things, I came across what appears to be a full set of 12ga. Val-Scott shotgun dies. They look new and consist of a deprime/resize die, adjustable spring loaded wad pressure die and a crimping die. There's a 12ga. shell holder in one of the boxes that snaps right into my Rock Chucker and also a printed instruction sheet with no illustrations. I'm not sure if I can use the large priming arm on my press though.

These dies look for all the world like oversize rifle dies and I suspect they will thread into my RCBS Rock Chucker when the bushing is removed.

I did a Google search for info and came up with three hits......one on this forum....asking the same thing. When were they made and has anyone actually used them?

Edit: They DON'T fit the RCBS threads (too coarse). However after I worried the bushing out of an old Herter's cast iron wonder, they fit perfectly. Of course, now I need an adaptor for the shell holder. It never ends!
    Last edited by 3006guns; 07-16-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Boolit Mold
    3006guns,
    I have a set of these dies and am pretty sure that they are for brass shotgun cases, so far I have not used them so have no idea of the length of case they will size. I have no idea how to send you an email but mine is: byron13@reagan.com in the event you might wish to contact me, I might be interested in your dies were you to part with them.
    Cheers,
    Byron

I would love to have the 12g shell holder for brass shells

Boolit Master
    Yea I wish you could buy the shell holders. Just to make priming easier.

The last I knew CH4D had shell holders for shotshells that fit universal rams.Try them if your ram is universal...Robin