Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Browning 95 in 30-40 moving up to the next level

Browning 95 in 30-40 moving up to the next level

I am taking the plunge and sending my Browing 95 in 30-40 to Mic McPherson to do his magic. He will be installing new super fancy wood and in doing to adding a through bolt to replace the tang screws as a method of attatchment. He will also slick up the action and drop the trigger pull a couple of pounds.

According to testamonies, all of this should improve the accuracy, as well as being hell for stout. It will be a heck of allot prettier if nothing else.

I have about 2K rounds of cast bullets through this rifle and groups from good loads run from 1.5 - 2 MOA depending on the how well I am shooting that day. It will be be interesting to see if the accuracy picks up and if so how much. It it is indeed magic, I have a fine Marlin 336A that will be next.

Stay tuned to this station for more information....

Boolit Master
    Charger,
    Sounds like you're going all out! I would love to see some pix after the surgery, especially the 336A.-JDL

I will post some pics when I get it in my hands again and it is all finished and gussied up. I am going to do the final finish on the wood. I enjoy doing that and when I do it, I can repair it from time to time with no problems.

I got the rifle in the mail yesterday to Mic. He is off at the Shootist Holliday in Raton and will be back later this week.

Boolit Master

Sights?

Chargar what sights do you have on the 95? I am just starting to work with mine but will have to come up with a receiver sight to do it justice.
    Jim

Limp;ing..I have a set of Ashley/XS sights on the rifle. I got the rear ring threaded to use screw in disc apertures. I find those large "ghost ring" too large for fine accuracy. These sights are a bit dicey to adjust, but hold their adjustment once set. You have to drill and tap the bolt for the rear sight. The front sight is a pin in proposition.

Buffalo arms sells a replica of the old Lyman 38 sight for the 95. They are pricey but great receiver sights.

I managed to score a NIB Redifled 102U for the 95 on Ebay. They are not regular items, but do come up from time to time. I am hanging on to mine for the .405 95 levergun on my wish list.