Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corbin CHP-1 Hydro Press?

Boolit Buddy
    How do you think the Press will interface with the Dream-master -6000??
    Last edited by Spanners; 07-16-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Thank you for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rick View Post
    Utah:

I have one. And they truly are the ultimate swaging machine. Not just for swaging bullets, I've made dies to fit my press for forming and blanking (stamping) small parts as well.

It's strong enough to form the ogive on solid copper projectiles. As a matter of fact, with maximum pressure, you can exert 420,000 lbs on a .224 diameter punch!

You need some serious tooling for pressures like that, and not dies made from 1018 CRS, if you know what I mean.

RRR
    Hello:

Your many posts over the years have made me trust what you say. Perhaps part of this trust comes from the fact that you are a Tool and Die Maker. I am a retired Toolmaker and CNC Machinist Instructor. Kindred spirits I suppose. When I read the above post I was filled with relief, you see my new Hydro Press from Corbin shipped on the 8th of this month and should be here this week. Hearing you praise this machine just made me feel a lot better about my rather hefty purchase. I also plan to make tooling for this press that includes but is not limited to swaging. It was great to hear you talk about doing the same exact thing.

I will do my best not to use 1018 for tooling.

Thank you.

Barry Young

Boolit Master

I got into hydraulic swaging with a lot of luck. When A-Square ammunition went out of business they auctioned all their equipment and tooling. I bid $260 for a Richard Corbin Hydra-Swage and got it. Now I extrude my own lead wire in any diameter i want & make 50BMG bullets. A thread here traces the voyage from purchase to making bullets. Search “Corbin CHP-1 in SD “ to find it.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy

Hydropress has arrived

Now I need to start making tooling.

Boolit Buddy

No idea why Cast Boolits rotated this image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7091 (1).jpg  

Nice! Go nice and slow and read Dave's Power Swaging Book. There's obviously a lot more to take into account than a hand press's mechanical limits of their strokes. Getting the hang of the sensor stop and pressure stop limits took some getting use to but once you do, it's amazing.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Reloader View Post
    Nice! Go nice and slow and read Dave's Power Swaging Book. There's obviously a lot more to take into account than a hand press's mechanical limits of their strokes. Getting the hang of the sensor stop and pressure stop limits took some getting use to but once you do, it's amazing.
    Well, dang. I am already extremely accomplished at breaking things and causing disdain to happen. I darn sure will take this excellent advice to heart when I finally start using this machine. Great advice. Thank you SSG_Reloader.

It is surprising, though I have read everything regarding the Hydro press that is available, I was not prepared for the high level of quality this machine exhibits. I mean wow! It is just really well finished like a new car. Yes, I realize it cost a fair share of a new car price but it still amazed me. I am not used to high quality any more. With everything switching to low quality/high sales volume, it is really nice to see an American company putting out top notch products like the Hydro Press from Dave Corbin (Actually there are new owners there now, but I dealt exclusively with Mr. Corbin.

Boolit Master
    GONRA's pretty sure a lot of ya'll would be happy with Corbin's largest hand press:
    CSP-2 Mega-Miite.
    Have used mine for all sorts of stuff.......
    Have phun in any event!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Reloader View Post
    Okie Doke. I have read Power Swaging, and the Hydro Press manual, but will again.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by GONRA View Post
    GONRA's pretty sure a lot of ya'll would be happy with Corbin's largest hand press:
    CSP-2 Mega-Miite.
    Have used mine for all sorts of stuff.......
    Have phun in any event!
    I built the A Neat press and it will serve as my hand press.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12