RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new! help for 7.26 x 39 and 45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by medic44 View Post
    What about some low speed 7.62 x39 using the Lee CTL 312 160 2R
    I've done 6 grains of Red Dot for a plinker load in 7.62x39. Doesn't cycle the action, but it's fun and comfortable to shoot. I used the same Lee bullet as you.

Boolit Master
    I found the loads at steves reloading pages under rifle .310 loads. Sorry I have been out of pocket with Christmas.

Smile

That Lee CTL-312-160-2R is a boolit that'd be nice to have in a six hole mould!

I'm not up to honchoing a GB, though.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Banned - scumball see homepage.
    Ricochet: I agree but can't justify the cost of a custom charge from LEE

Smile

Yeah. I wish they'd offer popular rifle boolits as six holers. I don't understand why they don't. They must think (or know) that there's not much of a market there. I don't understand why, though. I for one shoot every bit as many boolits out of my rifles as out of the handguns, and I figure anybody used to banging away with cheap milsurp ammo does, too. And anybody who's used single or double cavity moulds and six holers knows what a great convenience the speedy production of the six holers is. Even if you're not casting a huge number, you can spend a lot less time and energy doing it. There's no way I'd take a single or double when a reasonably priced six holer is available. I've bought several of the custom six holers in group buys. They are a bit pricey by comparison to the standard Lee types, which I'd rather have where they have a suitable design available.

(And what's with GB mould designs always getting fattened up just a little more? Gee, guys, there are limits! The standard designs are the diameters they are because those diameters generally work just fine. I don't like having to size 'em down. A little sizing to seat checks is OK, but I'd much rather they go through a standard size die for the caliber with little force and little deformation.)

Banned - scumball see homepage.
    I need a faster mold. I've got myself and 3 kids shooting 3 SKSs. Just started casting and can't keep up. The neighbor is compaining about the noise. Anyone interedsted in a group buy? Any idea of what LEE would charge? This ain't any cheeper because I'm using so much powder and primers!!!!

In Remebrance

[(And what's with GB mould designs always getting fattened up just a little more? Gee, guys, there are limits! The standard designs are the diameters they are because those diameters generally work just fine. I don't like having to size 'em down. A little sizing to seat checks is OK, but I'd much rather they go through a standard size die for the caliber with little force and little deformation.)[/QUOTE]

We're always fattening them up because Lee always cuts them small. You can make 'em smaller with the sizer, can't easily make 'em bigger. Between the undersize 45, 44 and 311 moulds and the over size and odd ball chambers/barrels out there it seems wise to try and get them a bit fatter than "standard".

Smile

I don't find that happening with standard Lee moulds dropping 'em too small, and I've busted my loading bench pushing some of these oversized GB boolits through the sizing dies. (The bench was a bit marginal to start with, a yard-sale combination table/storage cubbyholes/coatrack from a kindergarten that has been very handy.) I'm also finding the shanks on several GB moulds coming out too big to push gas checks onto.

Medic44, check out the stickies at the top of the "Group Buys" forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12