Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Powder Measures -- Powder Drop Tubes

Boolit Mold

Powder Measures -- Powder Drop Tubes

Saw the B&M measure for sale and it brought to mind a question that I have had regarding replacement drop tubes. It would seem to me that use of some hard copper tubing with a cap soldered onto the end would make a fine tube for a single measurement. Would take some effort to cut to the correct length, but do-able. Another way would be to take some brass rod and bore it out until it took the desired charge, then mark it.

Has anyone done this with the B&M measure??

I acquired an old Pacific powder measure with a couple of brass rotors so bored and marked. This is another that could use some home made rotors. But, I have neither the equipment nor the capability to do this work.

Banned
    Dave Dave Dave...why are you wanting to make things harder. The drop tubes on B&M measures are micrometer like and calibrated so you can reset it to the exact charge you have it marked for. Just write them down in a little notebook or better still in the reloading die box that they have a place for inside the lid. One measure drop tube, one notebook. Not a bunch of copper or brass tubes to be laying around our already cluttered benches.

Joe

Boolit Man
    A .45-70 case is about right, though thin. Old split cases can be trimmed or puttied up inside if you need less volume.
    Just don't neglect to neuter the return spring or find an apprentice spring with less machismo.
    Cheers from Darkest California,
    Ross