Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Who has the best price on Lead 230gr 45acp?

Boolit Buddy

Who has the best price on Lead 230gr 45acp?

Well until I start casting and find that holy grail of lead I was told about I wanted to reload some of the 45ACP brass I found so I'd like to know who has the best price right now on 230gr LRN 45acp lead?

If I find the lead that I have been told about then I'll buy the items to start casting with. But the 5 inches of snow we got a few days ago kind of took the fun of looking for lead in the water. Maybe next weekend I'll find this old 45-70 lead that's out there. Thanks for the help.

Boolit Master
    we don't BUY boolits , we MAKE them!

Boolit Master
    Buy some lead on the Swappin & Sellin forum or the Vendor Sales forum. Should run you about $1 / lb shipped. That will let you cast a boolit for about $0.03 each or $16 for 500. At missouribullet.com, that same box of 500 bullets will run you $43 + $11 for shipping. That makes it $0.11 per bullet. At that rate, your equipment will pay for itself quickly. You don't even need to buy smelting tools, since the lead you buy will in ingots and ready to go.

Just buy yourself a cheap Lee melter and a mold and get going.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpo628 View Post
    Buy some lead on the Swappin & Sellin forum or the Vendor Sales forum. Should run you about $1 / lb shipped. That will let you cast a boolit for about $0.03 each or $16 for 500. At missouribullet.com, that same box of 500 bullets will run you $43 + $11 for shipping. That makes it $0.11 per bullet. At that rate, your equipment will pay for itself quickly. You don't even need to buy smelting tools, since the lead you buy will in ingots and ready to go.

Just buy yourself a cheap Lee melter and a mold and get going.
    Could you recommend a place to buy the melter and mold at?

In Remembrance
    I would give Midwayusa dot com a look see. Prices are usually better than average and for the most part have what you need. Customer service is in the good\excellent range.

Boolit Bub
    +1 for getting a pot and mold, you wont regret it

Boolit Master

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=645810 $64.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=789762 $19.49

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=776747 $19.49

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=116429 $17.29

This is the basic cost for a set-up that would get you ready to cast for a 45 auto. melt the lead, pour the bullet, lube it by tumbling, then run it through the sizer. Ready to load. And YES you can use the tumble lube for conventional lube groove bullets!

The Lee Pro 4 20 Lb Furnace is the best one they make, it has the ability to function as a bottom pour, and enough room to allow you to use a ladle if you want to try that method.

The above prices would be the same no matter which handgun caliber(S) you may have. The same would go for rifle, the 2 cav lee molds all cost about the same money. Occasionally midway has a sale that will save a couple bucks off a mold, or other stuff.

I would certainly suggest you start with a simple handgun bullet without a gas check. Rifle bullets are a step up in skill level requirements, and paper patching is another higher skill level.

Boolit Master

Graf & Sons at the top of the page they save you a lot on shipping. There guys that sell boolits here like Bullshop check the vendor sponsor area. FB