Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best .22 revolver

Best 22 Revolver

I don't know that it is the best, but I shoot my 6" Diamondback better than my K-22. Same for a 6" Colt Match Target and a Smith 41, although the Smith has a much better trigger. There is just something about a Colt that seems to work, at least for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I always wanted a k22. But I've owned a 4" SW mod 63 for 30 years. My most carried gun. Great Fun !

Boolit Grand Master
    Double action= K-22 or Colt Diamondback (still looking for one).

Single action= Colt New Frontier. The one I had outhot several Rugers, wish I had it back.

Robert

My first .22 revolver was a Dan Wesson as a mate to it's bigger brother for me at that time, a .357.

Then I stepped up to a Model 17 and never looked back. Put 1000's of rounds thru the Model 17 and stupidly let it get stolen. I just replaced it recently with a 1948 K22.

And for the past 6 years I've had a Model 18 as well born about 1965 or so...Model 18-2.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

I love my Freedom Arms and they are the most accurate revolvers I own, BUT, I gotta vote for the K-22.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Yet another vote for the Colt Diamondback.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

I vote for the Smith 17. I've shot it for years but it's not quite the sixgun my rebarreled Single Six is.

Boolit Master
    I think my K22 (mfg in 1948) it the best .22 revolver that I have had. I shoot it nearly every week. It is much more accurate for me than my M-34, the 34 is more handy to carry though...
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    I still like the old H&R's, gave up looking for a reasonably priced 999, did find a H&R special, seems to me it was the precursor of the 999, I enjoy shooting it alot, really like the way it fits my hand.............................................. steg

Boolit Master

Back in 1961, between my 1st and 2nd years of college, I worked in a local sporting goods store. Midway thru the summer, I decided I needed a handgun. I chose the K22. Cost more than 2 weeks salary(I worked cheap). Other guns have come and gone but that one will always be here until it passes to one of the sons.

John
    W.TN

I started handgun shooting with a K-22 back in the mid-50s and have never been without one. The one I have now is a 1953 vintage. I have a strong bond with the K-22, but reason compels me to say, there are others just as good. I also have a Colt Officers Model and a 1958 vintage Ruger SS. Both are as accurate as the K-22. I also have a little 4" Smith Kit Gun that is fully as accurate as the K-22. I am talking mechanical accuracy. Because it the Kit Gun's lighter weight, the scores are not as high when hand held. But put the two Smiths on a bench and they will shoot the same or nearly so.

There are many good 22 revolvers out there, and I doubt if a case can be made than any one of them is the best. Best usually boils down to the one we have and like being the best.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

K-22 for me too. Without a doubt part of it is the memories that go along with it. It is the first real 'gun' I remember as a young boy. My dad traded a Winchester 94 for it I think. I got to take it out rabbit hunting quite a bit. It is about like the one shown in the lead photo of this thread. It is special because dad passed it on to me when I moved out from under his roof. A little off the subject but a few years ago I latched on to an old 5 screw K-38. I enjoy shooting both of the 'twins'.

I craved a K22 for many years, believing that they were the pinnacle of 22 revolvers. I finally got a Model 17-3 a few years ago and I love it, although I think my Ruger Single-Six is a tad more accurate.

I also have a Model 63 kit gun with a Pachmayr Gripper grip. It is the handiest little gun. It’s easy to hold, easy to point, and easy to shoot. We a have big family shoot every year, and that little gun gets the biggest workout just because it’s so much fun. That grip makes all the difference. It’s not near as nice to shoot with the factory grip – it’s just too small.

Boolit Master
    In Single action Ruger SS single six convertable

Well I've handled several over the years kept the K-22 and Diamondback - would like colt Trooper back to join them but, if I could only have one it would be K-22 6 inch.

Boolit Master
    Colt Diamondback. Best of the best!
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Master
    The best shooting .22 revolver I've ever played with is my three screw Ruger Single Six Convertible. I know the Convertible isn't supposed to be a great shooter, something about the bore being sized for the .22 Mag bullets, but this one will cut cloverleafs at 25 yds. I've worked on the trigger which helps.

Boolit Master
    Want to put it up against a Ruger Mark 1, stock everything?

Boolit Master
    Korth

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    Double action= K-22 or Colt Diamondback (still looking for one).

Single action= Colt New Frontier. The one I had outhot several Rugers, wish I had it back.

Robert
    What he said. fortunately I HAVE a 22 Diamondback. A truly elegant and accurate piece. Wish I had my old Colt 22 single action back
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast