MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: NOE 311365 sp - "Need Load Data"

Boolit Master

NOE 311365 sp - "Need Load Data"

Folks,

Has anyone tried the particular bullet in 30-06, preferably at 100 yards?

Most of the reference books don't show anything this heavy.

Anyhow, you can always find better, more current information here!

I'd appreciate any comments, recommendations, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to try this bullet combination in an M1 Garand, and my A-bolt.

Thanks,

HV in SC

Boolit Master

Talking

What powders do you have or are you going to buy a powder just for this?

for the a bolt use 16.0 of 2400,i shoot an original 311365 and it has been a good load for my model 70. and 1903A3

HMP

Boolit Master

"THE LOAD": 13 grains of Red Dot shoots just fine in a wore out Russian, I know thats it's not a '06 but bet it'll work great. If you don't believe me just ask that Red Harris guy.

I finnally did my first range test this weekend for the 311365.

I tested THE LOAD 13gr red dot wich worked wonders in my 03A3. No shocker, this really is a great load for a lot of different stuff.

I also tested M1 loads. I tried 35 grains of IMR 4064 wich chronographed at about 1900 fps out of my M1 and opperated the action without fail for all 40 test shots (also ejecting clips properly). Accuracy was decent or at least comparable to the LEE 160 RN that I was loading for the M1 but not quite as good as THE LOAD in the 03A3. I think I will test lower charges to see what the bottom limit is for operating the M1. I have been told that this boolit stabilizes best at or below 1800 fps.

Boolit Master

Load data......

Thank you gentlemen for the load data; we'll see what happens.

HV

35 Grs of IMR 4064 will get about 1880 fps out of a 24" barrel according to my references. 35 grs of IMR 4895 will get 1875 fps. 33.5 grs of IMR 4895 will get approx. 1795 fps.
    Last edited by hicard; 08-18-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Boolit Man
    Just back from the range after 24 rounds sent down range. I loaded them with IMR-4895 @ 34.0 grains and set C.O.L. to 3.20" I used no filler in the case and had no mishaps other than 1 round stove piping (sort of) in the action.

These were my first rounds using the N.O.E. 311365 SP and I was pleased with the initial performance. First string of 8 was low and slightly to the right of the bulls eye @ 40 yards. Not tight but acceptable for the first attempts at loading this CB. After adjusting my point of aim (not the sights) I was able to group around the bulls eye. Several rounds touching each other.

I will be taking my M1 Garand apart shortly to examine and clean the rifle and will post back with my findings (Not expecting any leading or problems).

I will be setting up to load 2 clips (16 rounds with 32.0 grains) and 2 clips (16 rounds with 33.0) to see how the cycling operates and how point of impact is affected.

Not able to chronograph the rounds today because of wind and rain, but will try to do that soon.
    Salute!

Boolit Man
    Bringing back an oldie!

Anyone out there using these boolits in 300AAC Black Out, Powder Coated?

I've acquired a desire to load em up and send em flying but thought I'd check here first to see if they have been tried by others.

Thanks.
    Salute!

Boolit Master
    I have!! Powder coated and loaded as practice sub-sonic rounds... I've used CFE-BLK and AA1680 with no cycling problems.

I have had the occasional problem with going into battery, but that's mostly due to the powder coating. The bore ride on my mold is big enough that when adding the coating it gets kinda tight in the bore. But keeping them slow is no problem. Using a 9 inch barrel by Ballistic Advantage on my pistol-AR, I'm able to get reliable cycling and lock-back even without a suppressor. Currently using a captured spring for the recoil (don't recall who made it) and a low-mass carrier from AimSurplus... If you don't care about keeping them sub-sonic, then you should have no problems.

Boolit Master
    <<double post>> My mistake...