Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,065 of 1065

Thread: going to start making 224 swaging dies

Boolit Buddy

i think the guy was making an idiot remark. i'm pretty sure we all know that getting a 3 inch group rapid fired 30 round mag in 5 seconds is pretty well impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    Let's see..... that's a fire rate of 300+ per minute. About 1/2 machine gun speed.
    So, someone zipped off a full 30 round mag of 223 rem in 5 seconds, and had all shots INSIDE of a 3" group, at 100 yards!....

Mathematically, that's a pretty tall tale....

I have pretty good gun control on my 720 round per minute gun, and at 20 yards, have trouble maintaining less than a one foot group. My gun, at that fire rate empties a 30 round mag at 2.5 seconds. (1/2 of what you are claiming)....

Boolit Buddy

let me remind you all, this is what i said

"our testing was a test to see if we could get them to lead. not accuracy. but with other loads we have been able to get 224's into a 3 inch groups at 100 yards. but we have not had much time to refine a load. been too busy making molds."

WE HAVE NOT HAD MUCH TIME TO REFINE A LOAD!

3 inch group is amazing for a start ladder load. i dont care what anyone says.. this is a fact. anyone who has done any sort of load development knows this. anyone who would say otherwise is giving them selves away as a fraud.

Boolit Buddy

and this thread is running a real risk of being deleted. frankly, its this kind of bs, that made me not bother to do my mold development here, and frankly, i'm not going to do anymore development here because of people twisting comments when its right there in black and white.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by danr
    snip...
    we have some swage dies sets left in stock, but we'll likely hold on to them, they are packed in grease and berried like a lost treasure in the back yard. treasure map and all.
    cheers.
    Dan Rickard
    Kaine Dies and bullet molds.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Is there going to be a "end of swaging" swage die set sale ?

Put me in line, if so.
    Jon
    To be honest, I guess I did word my post a little "troll-like", because I doubt you'd sell a set of .224 swages dies for...let's say half price? (I should of posted in purple)

The way you can across in that post, was like Swaging is dead, long live the PC. It was begging for some sarcasm.

IMHO...The other posts weren't "troll-like", they were calling you on your claims. Afterwhich, you could either choose to back them up, or call foul? You chose the later.
    good luck,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy

nope, there will never be a sale on any die sets again. like i said, the remaining sets are BURIED. maybe you can talk one of the people who have a set to sell their set to you. but good luck with that.

as for calling me on my claims, i only back up my claims when need be. if you read the 98 pages of posts in this thread, you'll see i've NEVER been one to back down from backing up my claims. but a troll calling me out, i could care less. people who reload know what is what. trolls dont have a clue and never will.

and yes, SWAGING IS DEAD. dont believe me, try buying a swage die set from ANYONE. nobody is making them anymore and anyone who is making them has them on the back burner and they cost a small fortune.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354