Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Lee Double Disk chart

Boolit Buddy

Lee Double Disk chart

DISCLAIMER: ALWAYS WEIGH YOUR CHARGES TO VERIFY FORMULA AND CONSISTENCY. I am not responsible for your reloading.

I'm not sure if anyone of you use the Lee Double Disk system for charging rifle cases, but I ended up making a chart that I find quite useful. The excel file version of it will find the different combinations of disks that will get you the closest values as well.

As I got plenty of requests for the file, I'm hosting the files here for anyone that might want them:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mgd9z5y5rvty6ty Excel 2010 version
    http://www.mediafire.com/?q0981pd2ue372yx Excel 2003 version

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to improve the usefulness, that would be appreciated.

I had contemplated adding some of the charge/volumes for different specific powders as listed in the Lee book and in the Auto Disk Powder Measure, but I have a feeling these are copyrighted materials. Would you guys find it useful to have a 'enter powder density' block and 'desired charge' cells as well?

Testing:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lee Double Disk Chart.pdf  
    Last edited by CiDirkona; 03-03-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Very Handy, Thanks
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Vendor Sponsor

Looks cool.
    What version of Excel are you using for this?
    It might not be backwards compatible for some of us that are using and older version.
    PM on the way.
    Thanks and have a good 'un, thecyberguy
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Boolit Buddy
    Well, the conditional formatting for the coloring requires '07 or '10, but I can save a copy in 97-2003 format and see how much is lost -- or, I could do an if/then to either display the close volume values or show nothing in each cell...

I forgot my flash drive at work today -- I'll get that emailed out in the morning.

Boolit Buddy

This is very handy. PM sent.
    Thanks,
    BorderBrewer
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Perma-Banned

Very nice, PM sent.
    Thanks
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I had contemplated adding some of the charge/volumes for different specific powders as listed in the Lee book and in the Auto Disk Powder Measure, but I have a feeling these are copyrighted materials. Would you guys find it useful to have a 'enter powder density' block and 'desired charge' cells as well?

Banned

Nice. I use the DD chart that comes with the measure, combined with several VD charts I've found in miscl. places on line. I did note once that Lee specifically states on the chart that it is ok for the user to copy it. I don't know how they'd feel about the chart info being distributed, though.

Gear

Boolit Buddy
    Oddly enough, I don't use this chart anymore myself, I just remember how useful it was. I find my approximate volume desired, half it, find the closest hole smaller than the half volume, and use the adjustable bar underneath. This works great to get an exact volume, you just have to be aware that if you adjust it down too far, you make a ledge inside the chamber that powder can get stuck on, and you have to swap the top disk down to the next smallest size and start the adjustment process again.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by CiDirkona View Post
    Well.....yeah!
    Sounds good. Have a good 'un, TCG
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!