Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2011 nevada cast bullet shoot may 20-21-22 2011

To all that attended NCBS 2011 !!! What a GREAT TIME !!!

First, Bruce and Karen......THANK YOU for all you do, you are so appreciated by all!

I certainly know that...all... our family had a great time. I am writing this just from me as Marlene, aka "CookieCutter" want to post her own comments .
    There was a special highlight for me that I did not get to brag enough about. My Grand son Chris (the BIG boy) shot a .790 practice round at 100yds. This was his second time at our event, just had to let you all know it gave me pride.

PAT.....I appreciate finally meeting you. You are right... I am lucky to have Marlene, thank you. Now I need to set you straight, it was Tom (7's & 8's) and his lovely wife Pattie and I that paid for the Calimari. How I got involved, the waitress thought my daughter-in-law had not paid for a calimari dinner, so I explained that could not be as she had shrimp. Tom and Pattie stepped in and said they would pay for it, I then volunteered to help. After hearing your story, it really makes me feel good that I did.
    So glad that you are OK!

Again thanks to everyone. As you know I take a lot of pictures and will be posting them, please understand it some times takes me a lot of time, relearning each year the editing and posting process. Oh, Pat, you and all the other WINNERS will be receiving a framed picture of your winning event, again, I am a little slow but it will come along.
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 05-24-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

A big THANK YOU! to Bruce, Karen & Kim. The Shoot was so much fun and the Saturday night dinner was FANTASTIC!!! Karen, you should have your own "Food Network Show". We appreciate all your hard work.

It was great to see everyone again and to meet new people. I am looking forward to next year.

My goal for the 2012 event is to have cast my own boolits. I'm sure Mac will be happy to hear this. This desire comes from seeing the thrill of having made the boolit that wins the event. Wish me luck!!!
    Last edited by CookieCutter; 05-24-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    "windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon. Always remember windage and elevation"......John Wayne in the movie....The Undefeated....1969

CookieCutter

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Caution

Sis: Don't wear sandals..It's not worth it.... Onceabull PS:What the xxxx is a bullet ??????
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Second attempt at posting match results of NCBS 2011, if this computer doesn't lock up from overload again:

Aggregate score won by ammohead with 142-6X.. Also earned Pat Marlin equipment award.

Ladies' group AND score won by Kelly with 2.4" and 50-5X

Scoped pistol 25 yd. group won by Tim Janke with 0.41"

Long range rifle (417 yd. gong) won by Buckshot with three out of five hits.

Pistol 25 yd. group AND score won by Jim French with 1.05" and 49-1X

Rifle 100 yd. Score won by Pat Marlin with 42.

Rifle 100 yd. group won by Tim Janke with 0.715" Also earned NOE gift certificate.

Rifle 50 yd. group won by NVcurmudgeon with 0.669" Also earned NOE gift certificate.

Rifle 50 yd. score won by Jaremy C. with 48-1X

200 yd. iron sight levergun tied between Buckshot and NVcurmudgeon with two out of five hits.

Pistol team stake cutting match won by Team One with a time of 2:18, rifle team clay pigeon match not held because of a real draw washer.

Unfinished business: all results subject to correction, final awarding of three Pat Marlin equipment awards pending consultation, and sorry for the telegraphese but it got done this time!
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-24-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: incomplete
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Hey "onceabull"-brother Bill,

Remember, I'm still your little sister, thanks for the heads up.
    "windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon. Always remember windage and elevation"......John Wayne in the movie....The Undefeated....1969

CookieCutter

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks all for a most excellent cast boolit celebration. Trigger digit too tired to type 'til today.
    Amy had a great time and is looking forward to next year - says all of the company was great! (So, was she expecting that all boolit casters are as bad as the hubby-beast?) We both shot and learned a lot.
    The Brittany Brace really enjoyed it all; the shooting made them want to hunt and run so there was a Brittany Race all the way up and down Winnemucca Mountain as well as their other excursions. (Kinda cut into our trigger time but it helped us folks pace ourselves.)
    Just because change doesn't make a difference doesn't mean that change is bad.

Banned

You may want to mention those 50 and 100yd and other rifle scores that were standing off hand Bill. Or designate bench and offhand. I'm beat. Can't get off the couch today..

Was great to shoot all those fine rifles.

Banned

Couple rifles really rocked.

Bill's mod 77 in 35 Whelen
    NV Walts 03 Springfield
    Ammohead's 1895 in 405.

Thanks guys for letting me shoot those and selling them to me.... I'll forward my shipping address here real soon...

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

No trophy,but THANKS anyway..

To 9.3x62AL :for the live demo on my DW 375 Supermags capability at 100 Yd.offhand (In the right hands !!) Couldn't match it myself,but may get close by next year !!! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Grand Master
    Bill, that Supermag was an eye-opener for me on a couple fronts. My first time firing the caliber, period. In that DW platform, it was quite docile and tractable. Those tapered cases aren't the best in a wheelgun, methinks--even if scrupulously cleaned of sizer lube, the boolit lube blows back into the chambers and starts setback onto the recoil shield/primer bushing.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I would be horrified if I left anyone out, so to those who planned and set up this years event, and all who attended it and made it a RESOUNDING success - my wife and I thank you VERY MUCH!!! We had a wonderful time, and enjoyed the company more than we can say.
    God willing, we will be there next year!!

Don and Cindy

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Just got to reading all of this as I seemed to have spent most of the time sleeping and feeling puny. This was one fine gathering of the tribe of Cast Boolit Shooters anyone could imagine. Good folks and lots of lead being flung downrange. I got to meet new people and it doesn't get any better than that.
    Lot's of great shooting with just a few impressive groups and scores and everyone was a winner no matter how you look at it.
    Dinner at Bruces was as usual GREAT. And I can't thank the Bannisters enough for all they do and of course NVC .
    I was pretty under the weather and just couldn't bring myself to try any but a couple events which turned into total failure for me but I tried anyways.
    Another big thanks to Al Neilson and Pat Marlin for their donations to the cause.
    It was good to finally put a face on Pat Marlin.
    Maybe next year a new date in June just might get us away from some of that global warming that seems to have hit us in May the last couple of years.
    All in all it was a great shoot and wonderful people. Doesn't get much better.....Walt

Banned

I slept all day yesterday as well Walt. Just feeling beat up and I think after last night I'm caught up on sleep. I know you were tired cause folks... he was asleep in the cab of his truck, right on the line...

Boolit Grand Master
    I seem to be paying back a bit of sleep debt myself lately.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Cold Drinks & Name Tags

Bruce & Karen,

Forgot to thank you for the cold drinks at the shoot. It was so nice to go to the ice chest and pickup a refreshing drink. Also, we thought the name tags were a great idea, even though I forgot to wear mine at the shoot.

Thanks again for everything.

CookieCutter

In Remembrance

Help! Results of 100 Yard Pistol Gong Event

At the Rools Committy meeting Friday night of the 2011 NCBS there was planned a 100 yd. pistol gong shoot. I need to hear from any who participated in this activity, and any results. The present lack of any results turned in has me thinking that this event didn't occur because of the inclement weather Sunday afternoon. TIA to anyone who can shed some light.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Super Moderator

..............I certainly had a good time. In fact had I not fired a shot I would have had a good time. It was really wonderfull getting to see everyone again, and we're all simply getting better looking all the time .............. you betcha! It was a real shame that we didn't get to shoot the Team Rifle shoot Sunday, but the weather simply didn't co-operate. The Team Pistol shoot was a gas, and I have to say these two team events are my favorites. I've always wondered what other people using the other bays at the range think? You have 2 teams of 10 or more total, all shooting as fast and furious as possible to shoot their respective boards in half as quick as possible. Pretty noisey!

As per usual KarenB practically killed herself in the kitchen cooking for the mob, and Bruce & Karen DID have a housefull! Their daughter Kim was outside BBQing chicken wings. Since it was lightly misting rain I felt bad and went out to see if I could take over or help out, but she said she was doing fine. So I thought we were going to be having BBQ'd chicken but Kim said oh no, this is just finger food. After the chicken was done she had 3 Tri Top steaks, and beef ribs to BBQ, plus Karen had 2 Lasagna's in the oven! That didn't include the several salads and vegetables that were cooking! For dessert there was 2-3 cheese cakes, an ice cream cake, a couple regular cakes and ice cream. Dare I say there was a pickup truck load of beer?

I suspect most all of us came to the realization that this has really grown into quite a respectable gathering of folks. It's grown way beyond a few freinds or families getting together for a couple days of shooting In fact as time goes by (as has been mentioned before) it's become more like a family reunion with some shooting tossed in on the side! It's great to see the wives shooting along with hubby too. I'm sure like many of those who've attended a couple of these, on the way home I was planning already on next year's shindig. I'd also like to add my thanks to Swede Al of NOE and Pat Marlin for their most generous contributions of prizes to the event. A VERY nice act on their part, and they were appreciated by all. Even those who didn't win one of'em!

I dont know how it'd be possible, but I'm looking forward to NCBS 2012 being the best yet!

....................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

In Remembrance

Amendment to My Post #124 re: NCBS Results

ammohead, winner of the three gun aggregate score event, chose a Pat Marlin Checkmaker.

Buckshot, winner of the 200 yd. gong event, chose a Pat Marlin Checkmaker.

Obssd1958, winner of the triple blind drawing, chose a Pat Marlin RockDock. (Meaning three honest, eagle-eyed, people set up the several parts of the drawing, NOT three blind mice.)

The 100 yd. pistol gong award goes back to Pat Marlin as the event was not held because the range was turned into gumbo by the Sunday rainfall. As there were more prizes than winners each winner was privileged to choose his prize. Many thanks to generous sponsor Pat Marlin for the awards, and to generous sponsor NOE Moulds for two gift moulds and picking up the bar tab at Ormachea's for a hard drinking lot.

Clarification: The 50 yd. and 100 yd. offhand rifle events are listed as "score" events in my post #124, won by Jaremy C. and Pat Marlin respectively.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-30-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master

Thank You

Bruce and Karen,
    Thank you again for putting on this great event and especially for all your efforts creating the Saturday night dinner.
    If Holly and I can make it down your way in October for a little rockhounding, I hope you will be in town so we can touch base.
    Ward Norden - aka Quilbilly

Boolit Master

NVWalt in hospital

You may have noticed in Walt's post about the shoot that he returned home and was feeling a bit puny. Turns out he had a fairly large heart attack Friday and received a triple bypass surgery as a result. I was in Ely over the weekend and called his daughters house to get his latest phone number to look him up. What I got was this dire news instead. The surgery went well and he is out of ICU and seems to be recovering as well as can be expected. I will post any news I hear, but in the meantime let's all keep Walt in our prayers.

ammohead