RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2011 nevada cast bullet shoot may 20-21-22 2011

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    MattG suggested, some time ago, that a bowling-pin shoot would be fun.

We did some informal pin-shooting a few years ago, but those pins became thoroughly "worn out", you might say.

I've been unable to find any more used pins, but if anyone could track some down in the short time remaining, I'm sure we could arrange a 'warm' welcome for them.

I have a metric *%^$-ton of bowling pins sitting under my reloading bench. Don't know of any way to get them there cost effectively though....
    Some where between here and there.....

Bruce,

Mac, Marlene & Marjorie, our son Darren and his wife Martha and son Chris will all be there. So that's 6 of us. The cousins, who I don't believe check in on "cast boolits", but have been encouraged to do so, say they will be there. I believe there will be 5 or 6 of them. I will send an e-mail to one of them encouraging them to post.

As onceabull said, we are also there to help in anyway we can. Looking forward to seeing you, Karen and all the wonderful folks in about 10 days.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Banned

We will be there two (2) of us in the marlin party.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be bringing any firearms and will spot or help out where ever you need it Bruce. I can cook too...

Machine repair issues have kept me behind and have sucked up any of my free time to work up loads for what I wanted to take, and do some extra reloading and casting.

I shouldn't even leave, but I've got to take a break and get out of here and I promised the kid as well. I'll be bringing a 12'x12' EZE-up awning.

You can count Jane and I if nothing short of total disaster strikes.
    Two weeks away and I got hit with more global warming yesterday and today. Can't win sometimes..

Boolit Man
    Me and my ladyfriend will both be there. Does anyone know if there is a water spigot at the range?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    We will be there two (2) of us in the marlin party.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be bringing any firearms and will spot or help out where ever you need it Bruce. I can cook too...

Machine repair issues have kept me behind and have sucked up any of my free time to work up loads for what I wanted to take, and do some extra reloading and casting.

I shouldn't even leave, but I've got to take a break and get out of here and I promised the kid as well. I'll be bringing a 12'x12' EZE-up awning.
    There will be plenty of loaner guns for you and the Nephew, Pat.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

On Heaven's Range

[QUOTE Does anyone know if there is a water spigot at the range?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there is no water at the range. It's well away from any sort of city-type sevices. I reckon jerry cans will be your best bet. There IS a decent toilet facility of the same type used at rest stops on Nevada highways.

We are looking forward to meeting you folks, and all the other first-timers who may be coming.

...and, YES Pat, here will be plenty of goodies for you fellers to shoot.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Mold
    Panama Jack and Anita are looking forward to this big event again this year. Even though these tropical tulips froze last year, we had a nice time seeing everyone. We got back to Arizona in April, dusted off, cleaned & polished our rifles, got new scopes and have been at the local range practicing several times. Hopefully we won't get 'snowed-out' this year. Jack also invited his daughter Kelly and his grandson Keaton...so we should have a great time! See you soon.

Boolit Mold
    Of course I will make the Friday Rools Kommittee get-together and Saturday. Might have to miss Sunday though, which is a shame, I got an M1 Garand last year that has turned into my best cast boolit launcher, was looking forward to the 400 yard shoot.

Banned

I had a few requests to bring CFF casting flux to the shoot, so I thought I would let others know if they would like a box, it will be $10.

That way we can beat out the poor post office on all their shipping money profits, which is over double my selling price. Let me know if you would like a box and I'll bring some extras.

Boolit Grand Master
    2 boxes for me, Pat. THANK YOU!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Pat,
    1 box for me, thanks.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Vendor Sponsor
    Pat,

I would like a box also please.

ammohead

Boolit Man

revision

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I will be there and Matt will also. Brother Moldy Joe and his son Levi will come also.
    Actually Levi can't make it and I have to leave Sunday AM. So that might affect the numbers. Sorry we can't take the trophy's this year, someone else will have to step up. Thanks, Joe
    You always think you have enough Boolets, until the Zombies come.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was a mite concerned that some medical nonsense might blow me out of NCBS, but that got quashed today. I did have to cancel a road trip with a buddy into AZ the first half of the week, though--wasn't real thrilled about that. Stinkin' doctors. Gotta do some last-minute loading of recently-emptied brass in a couple calibers, and will be good to go. A little range work on Monday or Tuesday, then pack the kit and GIT.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Chiming in as Bruce suggested, for stepson Jaremy who never practices and shoots like Corporal York, and for myself who gets in 4,000 or more practice rounds a year in vain. (York won his MOH as a Corporal.)

Yes, Pat I am left handed.

Onceabull, I was bringing two pistol caliber leverguns only, but your proposed lever match means I'll have to load some .35 Rem. for the 336A as well! Irons and 200 yd. sounds good to me.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-15-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master

Sad to say I'll be missing another one this year. Darn these oil wells. I sure wish Barack Obama would open up his sack of magic beans or pixie dust, or whatever it is, and solve the energy crisis. This work **** is seriously cutting in to my fun time!
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

On Heaven's Range

OKAY, it's almost time.

Here's brief recap of what to expect, where and when.

1 PM Friday: lunch at The Griddle, followed by a very few minor chores, the biggest being the picking-up of chairs and tables at Brown's Hardware. This lunch affair has "just growed" over the years, and really it's simply an early chance to meet with a few new and old friends who happen to be in town a bit before the shooting starts. If you miss the Griddle lunch, you won't miss a whole lot. The Griddle is right on the "main drag" (Winnemucca Blvd) and it's hard to miss.

6 PM Friday: "Rools Kommittee" meets at Chihuahua's Cantina for dinner. This is where we discuss the courses of fire and set "Rools" for the weekend. It's very informal, and more BS than anything. A fine old time will be had, meeting new and old friends and generally touching base.

The Cantina is found by following the signs to Highway 95 north, and then looking to the right JUST BEFORE going under the I-80 overpass. It's right there, literally in the shadow of the overpass.

Once inside, you will see the Cast Boolits flag over the doorway to the side room where we'll meet.

Saturday: I'd like to start setting-up at the range at 8 AM or so, in hopes of starting the Shoot at 9 AM. Assistance will be welcomed. Team Pistol is usually the last event on Saturday, and the Shoot wraps-up with Team Rifle on Sunday.

Soft drinks will be available at the range.

In years past, Urny and wife LINDA have provided lunches for everyone on both days, a much-appreciated contribution. In their absence, we will have to make our own personal arrangements. About 15 minutes' drive will reach all the take-out joints you could ask for. You may just want to save your appetites, because....

Saturday night is dinner at our home! I can honestly say that NOBODY leaves this dinner hungry. To find us, it's probably best to find someone who knows the way, and arrange to follow them.

Sunday is another full day of shooting, ending with Team Rifle as mentioned.

Sunday evening: We now have a tradition of ten years' standing....the closing dinner has always been held at Ormachea's Dinner House, also on the Hwy 95 North access....just a couple blocks from Chihuahua's but closer to Winnemucca Boulevard. The reservation is for 7PM, allowing time for showers (or beer) before getting all primped-up for the festivities.

For first-timers: Remember that this IS NOT like a major shooting competition. The name of the game is FUN, and informality rules. It's much more a social event than a competition. For instance, Team Rifle and Pistol are fired by teams whose names are drawn from a hat....pretty hard to "load" a team with experts when we do that!

The Three Basic Rules will give y'all an idea:

-BE SAFE

-HAVE FUN

-NO WHINING

So, that's about it. We'll see everyone at C's Cantina on Friday evening, and let the good times roll...

************************************************** **************************

PS: the range is off Hwy 95, just a very few miles north of Winnemucca. Turn off at the County Landfill sign, and go up the mountain past the landfill. The range is clearly marked and we will set up on the 100-yard facility.Again, watch for the flag.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Buddy
    The good news is that my wife Amy threw me out of the house with a full gas cans and ammo cans.
    Amy is coming, too, since she knows I'm lost without her. She even helped with the boolits and reloading.
    Just because change doesn't make a difference doesn't mean that change is bad.

Just had to post this. Got up this morning and everything is white outside again. Just can't win with this global warming stuff. I wonder if my guns will even go bang as I haven't had a chance to get out and play with them.
    Dang, forgot that there is no Whining.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast