Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Honoring our Veterans

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Honoring our Veterans

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    I feel the need to share this.[/url]
    Great stuff. Thanks for posting the link.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Thanks for posting
    Brought back some memories of military funerals that I was a part of a long time ago and it brought tears to this old man's eyes as so few today even care about out veterans or their families.
    I am in college right now so I can go back to work in 3 years with vets and the mental health issues they have and will do so until I die. It is my way of paying back to those who stood up when called and didn't run to another country to avoid being in the military.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Hooah!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    I am a Vet (71-74). Each time up in the U:S.of A I pick a Vet who has some need and go visit him on a weekly basis. Costs me a couple hours a week. I do whatever he needs done and cannot do himself. My life has been thoroughly enriched being with these fellers.
    Do not wait till they are gone to be willing to say thanks.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    We have been proud of our service to our country, and proud to share the memories of others. My wife and I went to the Wall last Memorial weekend, and I touched base with a few friends whose names are there.

Some of you here know my brother EdK from StL. He and I served together in Vietnam. I was always proud of that, and still am.

If you don't have a tear in your eye after watching that flag ceremony, there is something missing in your life.

Rich
    Sgt G Co/75th Inf
    Army Rangers

Boolit Master

Idaho sharpshooter
    I have never been to the wall in Washington, DC but visited the traveling wall when it was in a city where I was working, I was not going to visit but friends who took me to the traveling wall where they were very surprised when I listed a few names that were on the wall and the lady who found them was very nice and took me to each name so I could touch them. The last one I visited was my cousin who died there, I wear a memorial bracelet so I never forget that War touched my family. I was lucky as I am still here or was I
    I cried so bad when I had touched all the names on that wall and it took me almost an hour to pull myself back together so I could return to work. My friends left me all but one who stayed to make sure I was ok. When we got back to work my boss started to read me the riot act until my friends all of them came over and told him that I had been to the wall, he didn't know what to say and just walked away and never mentioned it again. Some don't know how to deal with military issues and never will.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy

They maybe gone but they are never forgotten. I lost several friends to the VC, uncles to Japs and Germans, Family in every war and conflict since before this was the USA. I love them all for what they have given me, who I am, and the hope of seeing them again some day. God Bless them all.
    God bless you all. Never forget that our right and freedoms we have were purchased by someones else's blood and sacrifice.

This warms my black heart
    As long as there are real Americans left, the world will have to wait to take over
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

Madman
    My family has been here depending on which side you look at since there where people on this land. We have fought long and hard to keep this land free but I do wonder how much longer we will be free.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Damn. Just watched it... shouldn't a done that at work.
    Reading the signs and smelling the roses on my journey to that undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveler returns.