Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: my new mec press

Boolit Master

my new mec press

got my new MEC Marksman a few days ago. haven't used it yet; but, i have no doubt of its quality. BUT! i do have an issue with the primer catching system. it requires a MEC base to make it work properly ($45.00+-). 10 minutes after i ordered the base, a lightbulb went off in my head. i know how to do this! a block of wood that extends enough past the loading bench so that the primer tray will work. attach the block to the bench and attach the loader to the block. i was working on that when the mec riser came in the mail. so, i attached the riser block to the press and to the bench. not sure if i like the added height that it gives. i can always can go back to my wooden block idea. so, this brings me to this. the punched out primer goes thru the press at the bottom of the ram and into the tray. because of this design the added height is necessary. myself, i would sooner the primers be punched out and into a tray where it has always been mounted in front and not at the rear and low. SO, if you intend to get a mec press, you might also get the riser at the same time or figure doing something like i described. you CANNOT just bolt it to the bench.

Boolit Master

just wondering why a new thread instead of adding a reply to your original 3/13 post. I clicked the new one and couldn’t finger out what had happened to all of the responses I had originally read.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    What!

I forget the name of the press, but the owner had it mounted over a hole in the workbench with a metal lid screwed on underneath that held a 1qt primer catch jar.

Primer discharge Hose on the Dillion goes to a 5gal bucket, I believe it keeps it cleaner.

Those lil cups get annoying to empty.