Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: anyone ever try this

Banned

anyone ever try this

I was fooling around today loading buckshot for the 12 and had some .512 lfngcs for my linebaugh that run about 500 grain sitting on the bench. I put one in a 20 guage wad and put that wad in a 12 guage wad. It fit kind of sloppy and i doubt youd get any accuracy. 500 grains works out pretty close to 1 1/8 so i shot it with a mild load of 14 grains of redot and it went bang. I started fooling around and found some wads for 1 1/2 once twenty guage loads. the bullet fit great in it and it was a good snug fit in the hull. Its to deap in the hull though and i dont have any 20 guage felts to bring it up so i kind of shelved it till i get some felt wads. Sure would make a hell of a short range stopper for the 20 guage though.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    Never tried a double wad like that. I would think in a short distance it would tumble and make an interesting wound channel.
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

could you turn down a BP RSS-12 to fit a 20 ga? then youd have a dedicated 20 ga/50 cal sabot.

SW

Boolit Master
    I've cut the gas seal from wads and cut cardboard from cracker or cereal boxes to get the crimp height I needed. Adds little weight to your load.

Banned

it actually fits pretty snug in a 20 guage wad and i think ill mostly fool with the 20 guage with it. I had some felt wads for 20 guage ordered from midway on the way anyway. Ive also got a roll crimp tool comming for both the 20 and 12. Thinking last night that i should cast some 450 grain swcs out of my mold. they would have a shoulder to crimp on and would be closer to one oz so the pressures would be down some and load data would be easier to find.

Boolit Man
    I tried a duplex load using a .50 cal ML sabot with the powder cup cut off and 400gr. .45 bullet inside a RSS 12 sabot. I didn't play with it much, but it wasn't very accurate.