I had a couple of tables at our club, (Central Penn. Antique Arms Association) gun show a few miles above Gettysburg to clear out some guns and stuff just taking up room either in my safe or shop. Of the long arms I put up for sale, nine sold at a small profit and one traded to a fine old gentleman in the club. I had to kick in a few dollars, but I came home with this fine, original Remington Contract rifle made in 1863. I came home with three unsold guns, the Remington ''Zouave'' rifle, and a nice wad of cash for future purchases.

Nice bright sharp bore .58 7 groove 1:60 made these rifles very accurate.

99%+ original bluing present, no wood burn-out behind the bolster, and very few scratches&minor dings.

I wish I could keep it and shoot it, but it's just too nice, it's survived 161 years in fine condition. It's gotta find a home with a collector instead of some shooting bum like me who'll take it to the range and ruin it, I've got original veteran shooter grade Springfield's and Enfield's for that. Besides, I've got an itch that needs scratched with a vintage heavy Remington .22 target rifle.