RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Carbine

Boolit Mold
    Finally got to the steel range today. Chronoed the 168 eld match ammo at 2450 fps. (16” barrel) Suppressor adjustment at 200 is 12 (1/4 minute) clicks with a Griffin GP7 steel can that weighs around a pound. Knocked the stink off an 8” plate pretty consistently at 200 with the match ammo, some Winchester M80 and the Armscor ammo, without having to make scope adjustments but…I had more ftfs with the Armscor and the bolt handle was definitely all the way down. I also has an unfired round of Armscor get stuck most of the way into the chamber, so that stuff is getting relegate to use with other rifles. Great day at the range though. Great rifle.
    Last edited by Phineas; 02-20-2024 at 12:12 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Today I took it to the indoor 100 yard range in the villages to see if I could take the QD mounted scope off, sight in a Holosun dot sight on another QD mount for a back up, and get the scope to return to zero. It has Leupold weaver style QD mounts, which are heavy, and not cheap, but turns out they were worth it. The scope returned exactly to zero when I remounted it, and…I fired three rounds of ELD to confirm zero and when I brought the target back in all three holes were touching. 1/2” center to center at 100yards! I know…it’s only a 3 shot group, and it was probably 3/4 luck, but dang, this thing shoots! Love this rifle and this set up.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839