Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just when I think lead can't be found...

Boolit Master
    Paladin , if you have brand new zinc weights you could sell them to a tire shop for more than scrap would bring.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Quote Originally Posted by justingrosche View Post
    Paladin, a little ironic that you have trouble locating lead in Idaho. The silver valley was once the mecca for lead and silver before the Bunker Hills mine closed. I worked for a time in The Lucky Friday mine.
    Id bet before the Super Fund clean up you could walk down the side of the road and find all you wanted.

Justin
    It's a small world! My wife is from Kellogg, Idaho. Her dad worked at Bunker Hill for years. I know where the Lucky Friday is, I think? Mullan? Anyway, yeah, you'd think there's lead everywhere, but in S. Idaho it's fairly hard to come by, seems like. I keep bugging my father-in-law to find me some galena, because he's still in Kellogg. We only get that far north a couple times a year tho, so if he does find it it'll be a few months before I can go get it...
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by lwknight View Post
    Paladin , if you have brand new zinc weights you could sell them to a tire shop for more than scrap would bring.
    Yeah, I have about a half a 5 gal bucket of stick on and clip on steel. All brand new. I just need to find a shop that'll trade me. No zinc tho. I thought there would be some in the weights my sister got me, but it was all steel and lead.
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Master

Good Score!

Boolit Master
    My nephew works for one of the big tire companies, and when they switched from lead to steel WW's he brought my several brand new boxes of various weights. The local Ford dealer is a pal of mine and I made a deal with him: he gets the new wheel weights and I get the take offs for the rest of eternity. I stop down about once a month with an empty bucket and bring home the full one. Trouble is, there is getting to be more and more steel weights and more zinc than there used to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12