Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Rang Out 2010 With A Bang

Boolit Man

Rang Out 2010 With A Bang

Drove out to Tenoroc in Lakeland, FL yesterday with my son. Went through about 300 cast .45s and .40's, a hundred or so 12 ga. reloads, and spent some time sighting-in his new Grendel carbine. Best way I can think of to empty some cases. On the downside "Mama," the gator who lives in the pond at the sporting clays stand #2, wasn't home so we couldn't wish her a happy new year. Next time, I guess. Anyone else send some lead downrange yesterday?

No but spent the afternoon in a deer blind!! Clint

Boolit Master
    Sure did...tenage son and I drove over to the gun club. Broke some clay birds and ran 50 handloads through a couple of Colt Troopers.

Must be a poular past time on New Years Eve as we had to wait to get on the shotgun range and the pistol range. Did have a pleasant conversation with another member while waiting to use the shotgun range, so I wasn't bothered.

Strange, though...in the spring and summer I have never waited to use the shotgun range and rarely have needed to wait for the pistol range. There were only a couple of stations being used on the rifle range, though.

Boolit Man
    Our range was really hopping, too. Didn't have to wait for the sporting clays range, but had to leapfrog stands to get to the open ones. On the rifle range, 22 stations were in use out of 24, and the pistol range was almost as crowded. I was glad to see it, brass-scrounger that I am!

Boolit Buddy
    One of my neighbors rang in the new year with a bang! In fact, several of them, (bangs) Idiot shot about three clips of some type pistol ammo at midnight. Hopefully, it was up in the air, but all those bullets had to come down somewhere. I didn't hear any hitting the house or garage, so didn't have to speak to him. Doesn't it seem like the idiots in this world are multiplying faster than cockroaches?
    Oh, for all you folks who feel compelled to correct anyone who uses the word "clips" instead of magazines, I do know the difference, so don't bother.
    Clyde

Banned
    The outdoor range I use was also busy. I went out in the morning and again in the late afternoon. Fifty out of my LCP, 100 out of my G20 with it's 357Sig bbl, 100 out of same gun with the 40 bbl, fifty out of my G19.
    And I gathered up 50 lbs of brass that is in the process of being tumbled. Good day, all in all.

Boolit Master
    Yes, we did. my father has my great-grandfathers first generation colt SAA 32-20 nickle and we ran some through it yesterday. He was a gambler who was hung for murder near powderhorn lake. Also shot my great-grandfathers damascus twist shotgun with all brass black powder loads. Gotta wear an extractor ring on your finger to pull out the shells. The weapon wasn't made with ejectors or extractors. just a cut in the top of the chamber. The only time these weapons see light of day is on new years.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Man
    Vintage firearms sounds about right for New Year's! Bet those Damascus barrels are beautiful, too. A admit I'm a tad jealous of Bwana's fifty pounds of brass, though. I think I just about broke even on brass, if that. It's unusual for that range, but I think the Range Safety guys got to most of it first. Just wait till next time...

Boolit Master

I went yesterday as well. It was quite busy. I shot the T99 Arisaka rifle that's driving me crazy. I should have gone today as it was about 55 degrees or so here in NH. I ended up dragging firewood into the garage before it gets covered in snow ...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

It was my plan but the weather had different ideas. Tempature was in the mid 20's and the wind was blowing in the 30's mph.
    Went to the barn and spent the afternoon casting a bunch of 429421's.
    Hope you all are enjoying you New Years day, jmsj

My neighbors woke me at midnight shooting fireworks in the rain!! They always have a good time! I fired the kids .32 mag off five shots into the air...(mebbe I am an IDIOT too?). No close neighbors to come down on just fieldss. Seen a fellow riding his Harley today We used to take a New Years ride every Jan 1st but I am not as tough as I used to think I was. hehe
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine