Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Christmas Buckmark

Christmas Buckmark

I have been looking and handling semi auto .22 pistols for over a month now trying to decide on which to get. The main contenders were all Rugers: a Mark III Hunter, a 22/45 and a Mark II with the factory grease still on it. For some reason they just didn't feel right. Then I made the mistake of handling a Browning Buckmark Field and after 30 minutes of handling it......I was sunk and it came home with me. The pistol points naturally and fills my grit grabbers. It also comes the closest to a model 41 feel that I enjoyed when Uncle Sam paid for my firearms and ammo. Merry Christmas to me....hehehehehehe
    Sight alignment, sight picture, squeeeeeze....
    bullseye!

Dwight

In Remembrance

The biggest problem that I experience with my Buckmark is to let someone shoot it! The problem is trying to get it away from them so I can shoot my own gun! It seems to be an instant love affair with the way it fits the hand and the incredible accuracy it gives. An excellent gift choice.Robert

I took a friend into a gun store just to show him some different 22 pistol options. The next thing I knew he had whiped out the plastic and was taking a Buckmark home.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Master

I have owned 4 different Ruger 22 Semi Autos.

I still own my Buckmark after some 15 years or so.

Nothing against the Rugers all were problem free, they just did not fit my hand the way the Buckmark does.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Prefer mine to my Rugers.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master
    When I was shooting competition I used a S&W Model 46 and later a Ruger. I also shot several Hi-Standards extensively but never in competition. Fine guns all but for almost twenty years now I have been shooting my Buckmark and to a lesser extent a Model 34 Kitgun. At that time most of my shooting was in western Washington and Oregon and about fifty percent of our matches were shot in the rain. The S&W was possibly the most accurate pistol that I have ever shot but with its tight tolerances it was totally undependable under these conditions. The Ruger never stuttered. The S&W had a better trigger than my Buckmark but by the same token my Buckmark has a better trigger than any Ruger that I have ever used. My Buckmark is not classed as a competition gun but I fire better groups with it than I did with any of them. But!!!! My team captain fired better groups with his Ruger than any that I have ever fired with any pistol!
    Old age has put an end to my backpacking and trekking into the wilderness but if I was able to do it again I would unhesitatingly buy a Ruger Heavy barrel to accompany me. It is certainly the easiest to keep running under tough field conditions.
    Different guns with different purposes. As the old saying goes" You pays yer money and takes yer choice! Neil