Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Check making tool? Veral Smith is tooling up if there is enough interest

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Do I hear a 25K count from you to start things off? If so, we might consider the 500-512 calibers next. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Consider that "professional" gas check dies (carbide) cost 600 bucks to fine tune for ONE SPECIFIC ALLOY! ... felix
    felix

Banned

Junior, That scope was too dark to see either the crosshairs or a deer in the morning or evening. A friend gave me the laser and I sighted it in and wanted to try it on a deer but it got destroyed from recoil. I changed out to an Ultra Dot and now it works great. I have to change my avitar when I take a new picture.
    The laser was fun while it lasted!

Retired to South Carolina for the grandkids!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    but quality control of beer can material has a lot to be desired. felix

I, for one, am willing to make a personal sacrifice. I will buy some beer on the way home. At least two different brands of six packs. And conduct extensive testing tonight.

John
    Winchester ‘92s & 94s

“President JFK 20 Jan 1961: “the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.”

"Life brings us sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Boolit Master

aluminium works fine...

I've posted all this before...so I won't bore you with it...But you can make your own checks. And freechecks would be even easier...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-379F.JPG   MVC-385F.JPG  

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rick View Post
    A two die set would work fine, one for blanking and the other for drawing. My concern would be the lack of proper alignment in presses with sloppy or loose threads. This would definately effect the performance of the die. So unless the threads in the press and the ram are aligned within these tolerances, there may be problems.

RRR
    ..............To eliminate loose threads or worn rams, and even baring those the best way to go would be to have the punch retained in the die body. All the ram would do would be to push it up with no mechanical connection. That way the punch and die body remain in alignment regardless. I would hope that that is the way Verel is designing it.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Do I hear a 25K count from you to start things off? If so, we might consider the 500-512 calibers next. ... felix
    I assume that's directed at me? 25K would be close to a grand. So I'm thinking no on that one. I would be willing to go 10K at least though.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    I've posted all this before...so I won't bore you with it...But you can make your own checks. And freechecks would be even easier...
    That's Woody's Freecheck Tool.

I had pics of the orginal freecheck tool, but can't find it.

spale checken and phroof reeding are a couple concepts Veral Smith has never heard of. I think he does better at taxes than he does spelling. I thought the $15 did sound too good to be true and I did wonder how it could be done at that price. $150 would be too steep for me. Back before I lost my taste for beer it would have been a great idea to have need to check the consistency of all the different cans.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mvesk View Post
    Note that Veral stated in his quoted comments:

"Ideally the customer would purchase a mold specivically for these checks."

That's not good. I would think that a significant part of the cost recovery of the tools would be cutting checks for all of the molds you own that use a standard check. If they only fit on all new molds bought from LBT
    And that was the killer for me. $150.00, okay I shoot enough 30 caliber to make this be worth really thinking about, but with the special molds? Nay. It just doesn't make sense , for me. YMMV.

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12