Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: 38 Spl, 140gr TCFN--WSF?

4dogs

38 Spl, 140gr TCFN--WSF?

Anyone use WSF in 38/357 cowboy speed loads?

A swap left me with a bunch of Missouri Boolit 140gr TCFN--(12 BNH) for 38/357. Same trade got some some WSF (Winch Super field) and Red Dot. I load sissy loads of 650-750 FPS 38/357. Photo of boolit attached.

I could fall back on Bullseye or Clays but wonder in anyone has used WSF in 38/357 slow speed cowboy type loads? I searched and saw some mention of it but of course, no mention of this particular use. WSF is mentioned in a Winchester load book I have but at 1100+ fps.

Anyone use WSF for thIs or similar?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cowboy14.jpg  

Boolit Master

The Red Dot would be perfect for the cowboy loads at around 3 grs. The WSF will work well and in the .357/38 spl tracks Herco data very closely. If you use 4 grs of WSF with that bullet you will be in the 700-800 fps range.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Off subject, but to explain the graphics in my signature in response to your PM - since I could not post this pic in PM:

EDIT: to 4dogs
    Last edited by Bob Krack; 12-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Boolit Master

Huh???
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

The Red Dot will work better. Save the WSF for loading +P's and .357 Magnums with heavy lead boolits (use Herco load data if you can't find data for WSF.)

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    Huh???
    4dogs sent me a PM asking what the "graphics" under my signature line meant. I gave him the 5 minute text message in a PM but included the pictorial display here in one of his posts since I could not send it in a PM.

Sorry for the confusion all.

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.