PDA

View Full Version : Which .41 mold that fits FA93?

Markbo
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Some of you may know that the Freedom Arms model 93 cylinder is a tad shorter than Ruger's. I would like a mold that will make me the heaviest bullet that will fit into the 93 without undo brass trimming, i.e. one that will also work in Rugers.

My number 1 priority though is accuracy. If it won't shoot, I don't care about all the rest. This will be exclusively for hunting so a gas check design is fine so I can really crank up the velocity and a hollow point option for lower velocity/softer bullets would make it just about ideal - a one mold does all if you will.

I realize that this is asking a lot of one mold, but maybe I can make this the only .41 I need.

Any and all suggestions, input and advice appreciated.
Mark

bhn22
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Contact LBT. Veral will make you a mould that fits, with the crimp groove positioned correctly for your cylinder, in the weight you want. From what you're describing, you might consider keeping your bullet weight under 240 grains so you don't use up so much of your case space with the bullet shank. Veral doesn't offer hollowpoints however.

spqrzilla
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Which Ruger are you comparing to? The Redhawk in .41 Magnum has a longer cylinder and will accept a longer bullet than the Blackhawk in .41 Magnum.

Markbo
12-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Good point... I have both! One size fits all might not actually apply in this case then?

475BH
12-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Veral might recommend dual crimp grooves.
Then you'll be set.