PDA

View Full Version : Para Ord. Question

HeavyMetal
12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Finally got the BIL's Para up and running!

What a nightmare! Seems the early Para frame kits weren't as up to snuff as they should have been.

In June, with less than 200 rounds through it, we sheard the link area right off a new Bar Sto barrel!

Bar Sto stood right up and took care of the barrel under warranty even though they knew it was a frame problem and not the barrel.

If your looking for a barrel for your auto pistol spend your money there it didn't take them 30 seconds to say they'd do me right!

After discussing the issue it was decided the fastest way to fix the frame was to go with a fully supported ramped barrel and a small fee for machining the frame got the gun up and running right this time.

Now for the reason for this post.

I bought a Vidiki (?) trigger for this Para and I find out I need to add the inserts that act as a "filler" along that section of the frame next to the grip safety and main spring houseing. THis will allow me to go to the grip tape for a slightly thinner grip and allow movement of the after market trigger that the standard grip won't allow.

Here's the problem: I can't find these any place! They used to carry them at brownell's but are no longer in the cataloge ( or I can't find them!)

Any body got a set or do you know who makes them??

Thanks for the help!