PDA

View Full Version : Lee Classic ram dissassembly?

DanM
12-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I got a Lee Classic single stage press early on, and I have no regrets. The thing works great, but after many thousands of rounds, primers have clogged up in the ram, and will not fall through into the collector tube. Have taken everything apart, but can't figure out how to remove the ram and empty it out. Someone must have run into this and figured it out already. How did you do it? [smilie=b:

angus6
12-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Dan just went through this last month, I just poked up from the bottom with a rod to clear them out.

DanM
12-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Tried bottom poking with no joy. :kidding: Got a few out, but could not clear the jam.

darthdave22
12-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea Its a heck of a job getting it apart. I did it once and I cant remember how but I do remember its really not worth it at all.

flashhole
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I had it happen to me. You'll laugh but I used my shop vac and a makeshift paper funnel and was able to vacuum them out.

DanM
12-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Well, I just called Lee and it seems that the ram is not ment to be removed from the press body. The tech was nice enough, but only suggested that I remove the shellholder assy from the top of the ram and hook up the shop vac hose while poking from the bottom. Will try that and see what happens....