PDA

View Full Version : prices

Beekeeper
12-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I know it is a foolish question but thought maybe I could get somekind of ball park figures.
Am thinking if maybe buy ing a remington rolling block or Pederisoli in 45/70
Haven't got a clue as to pricing on either one new or used but not abused.
This is a long term project, the kind where you save up the money first so was wanting some idea.

Thanks

Jim

Dragoon 45
12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
I know it is a foolish question but thought maybe I could get somekind of ball park figures.
Am thinking if maybe buy ing a remington rolling block or Pederisoli in 45/70
Haven't got a clue as to pricing on either one new or used but not abused.
This is a long term project, the kind where you save up the money first so was wanting some idea.

Thanks

Jim

Cabellas did have a Pedersoli Sharps with a 30" barrel and double set triggers in .45-70 for under $975 a few months back IIRC. It was a no-frills model with only a buckhorn rear and blade front sight. Pedersoli does make a version of the Rolling Block but I am not sure on price, but believe it is less than $1200 NIB.

Don McDowell
12-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Just go to Gunbroker and type in Pedersoli in the search box.

oldracer
12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Since you are in CA you can narrow the search to the CA area as I did when looking and found one from a guy that lived up the street from me about a mile. That gun has been the reason I have been doing so many posts here as it is a great thing to learn for sure. If you are in the LA or south area the Pala shooting range has a BPCR contest each month and would be a source of information and possible sales also.

BSkerj
12-02-2010, 01:56 AM
I just ordered a Shiloh Sharps Sporter #1 from Big Timber and planning on doing the same as you . It will be done in 18-20 months. The standard price is 1902.00, but after all the frills I ordered for it I will be into it for 3200.00 which means I have to save around 160.00 a month which is pretty doable. I thought of getting a Pedersoli but knew I would someday want a Shiloh so thought that I would just take the plunge now and get it over with. They are not getting any cheaper !

MtGun44
12-02-2010, 02:43 AM
I got a real nice Ped RB with a good but not top quality target tang sight and target front
sight, very nice wood and HEAVY octagon bbl for $800 a couple of years ago in Tulsa.

Bill

Trifocals
12-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Reports I have read on Pedersoli rifles seem quite favorable. However the Remington RB's made in the last few years have not been very favorable. Offhand, I cannot think of the manufacturer in Texas that makes new RB's, but Mike Venturino has high praise for them. I would check them out before making a purchase. LOL

rhbrink
12-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Use to be an outfit named Lone Star that made some might fine rollers think they are still in business.

dave roelle
12-02-2010, 10:29 AM
This i the lone star link-----daves place is about 2 miles doen the road from me

http://lonestarrifle.com/

home in oz
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Lone Star has pretty rifles....

NickSS
12-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I bought a new Pedersoli from Cabellas a few weeks ago. It was $999 list but I sighed up for the Cabella's club credit card and got $100 off that price. It is a good shooter but I did replace the sights right away. The finish is plain jane but it is a good rifle all the same. If you want more quality get a Shiloh or a C Sharps rifle. Personally I own a couple of rolliing blocks but they are not my favorite rifle. I like sharps, High Walls and Ballards myself. I fyou want a good custom rifle pick up a used Rolling block action and have it rebarreld and restocked and you will end up with something unique. In any event, you can find used RB for around $800 and up, Pedersoli Sharps for $1000 and up, C Sharps or Shiloh 1874 Sharps for $1800 and way up, Ballards about the same as Shilohs. If you want an american made single shot that is good quality Get a C Sharps 1875 Sharps rifle they start at around !500 and go up from there.

Beekeeper
12-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys.
Now to start saving a few coins each month.
Probably when I have enough saved I will not want one or one of the kids will have an emergency and away will go the money.
I guess that is the way with life.
Am still gonna keep the fire burning ,as they say tho.

Jim

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
BSkeri,

I think you did it correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was into the Sharps, which I'm not as I am very happy with my RUGER #1s - 45/70, I think your plan is the way to go.

The Perersoli may be a fine arm, I don't really know but do question their "off Shore" manufacture and the fact a friend has had some parts breakage on his.

However, I have never been unhappy when I bought the best available, even if it took longer and cost a good amount more.

I'm all for the "little guy" who like RUGER way back when, comes up with a better idea at a better or very competive price. In fact I really like that situation.

But I don't see that situation in this case. If I wanted a Sharps it would likely be a Montana made rifle or one of the high quality custom shop items.

Not to imply that Pedersoli is junk, not at all, but the higher price for top quality is soon forgotten - other then a possible brag factor if that's your thing - in the satisfaction provided by knowing you bought the best available.

$160.00 per month will provide a bunch of satisfaction for the months before you take delivery and for a long time after. Way to go!!!!! [smilie=w:

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot :castmine:

Gussy
12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Beekeeper, sending you a pm.
Gus