PDA

View Full Version : Interesting link

Mike W1
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
http://www.lasc.us/Shay-BHN-Tester-Experiment.htm#LBT

Don't know if that will pop up directly but there's a lot of info there of interest to casters.

luvtn
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
It appears the Lee was the most consistent. Way to go Lee.
luvtn

Hickory
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM
It appears the Lee was the most consistent. Way to go Lee.
luvtn

But LBT is the most accurate, so that makes Lee consistantly inaccurate.8-)

Echo
12-02-2010, 01:35 AM
But LBT is the most accurate, so that makes Lee consistantly inaccurate.8-)

But now we know that the Lee is inaccurate, and in what direction, and we also know that it is the most reliable (repeatable), so we can interpolate, if we feel we really need to know the exact BHN - that has been said to be unnecessary, as long as we have reasonable reliable results. Consistancy is the key...

Hickory
12-02-2010, 07:53 AM
But now we know that the Lee is inaccurate, and in what direction, and we also know that it is the most reliable (repeatable), so we can interpolate, if we feel we really need to know the exact BHN - that has been said to be unnecessary, as long as we have reasonable reliable results. Consistancy is the key...

I’m glad I got a response from someone.
Yea, it reminds me of the old pick-up truck I had as a kid, at 55 MPH the speed-o-meter said 46 MPH.
Once I knew an understood the discrepancy I got no more speeding tickets. The speedometer was consistantly inaccurate.
If you think about it, you do not need to use numbers on a hardness tester, you can use the alphabet.
With “A” being soft as a marshmallow and “Z” being hard as a diamond.

ghh3rd
12-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Wouldn't that be "M" and "D"?