PDA

View Full Version : Lipsey's .44 spec bisley frame size

curiousgeorge
11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
This has probably been discussed before, but I have a question concerning the Bisley grip frame on the .44 spec Lipsey flat top.

Are they the same size Bisley grip as my other Ruger BH pistols or did they scale them down in some way to match the smaller cylinder frame size?

Where I live I cannot find one to put my hands on. I have several full size Bisley BH revolvers in several calibers and love the grip frame. I have one of the 50th Anniversary .357 pistols with the traditional grip and like the smaller overall pistol size. I just don't know if some sort of modification was made when the smaller cylinder frame was mated to the Bisley grip frame. Was thinking of going with the 5 1/2" barrel due to sight radius and balance.

Any info appreciated.

thanks, Steve

Fowler
11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
The grip frames are interchangeable with the standard sized frames but the gun frame itself is slightly smaller with a shorter cylinder than a standard Blackhawk/Bisley. I love my 5 1/2" gun...

curiousgeorge
11-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Fowler.

That was what I was looking for.

Steve

AnthonyB
11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
I tried putting the 44 Special Bisley frame on a 50th Anniversary 44 Magnum, and it worked fine. The 50th Anniversary frame did not work on the 44 Special, and they got swapped back last night.
I really liked the Bisley frame on the 50th Anniversary 44 and may have to spend money to get that one converted again.
Tony