PDA

View Full Version : Barrel leading removal

MakeMineA10mm
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
For all of you using the chore boy around a bronze brush for lead removal, you might want to hunt down the copper pads. It took going to three places to find copper scrubbie pads. Everywhere else (plus the place I found em) had mostly stainless steel. Also BE CAREFUL because I found one place with "copper-coated" which is steel underneath. Price of copper is probably cutting into sales and hence availibility.

ghh3rd
11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
May cost more ? than choreboy, but this stuff sure works great, and is designed for the purpose:

http://www.frontiermetalcleaner.com/

Randy

MakeMineA10mm
11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Neat. That stuff looks exactly like one of the scrubby pads I found in my search earlier. I liked it's profile better, because the leading edge of the spiral bands is more like a cutting surface (and this is whait my old chore-boy pads looked like in profile, too), which should let it cut out the deposits better. The pads I found in the store looked identical (shape, size, color, and overall design) to the point it makes me wish I'd have bought one, in order to call the company and see what they're made of...

There's certainly softer and harder steel, and I'm sure these (or any scrubby pad) are not made of hardened steel, but I just don't like running any kind of steel through my barrel. Still, one day, depending on what the Chinese allow us to have access to, me may have no choice but to use something like this. Good to know it's available.

outdoorfan
11-29-2010, 05:33 PM
may cost more ? Than choreboy, but this stuff sure works great, and is designed for the purpose:

http://www.frontiermetalcleaner.com/

randy

++++1

cephas53
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
There were several off brands, couldn't find the name brands round here. Checked them with a small magnet prior to purchase.

Ole
11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
The O ceder brand seem to be pure copper as well if that's all you can find.