PDA

View Full Version : Miroku 92 question

smokinbarrel
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Just bought a new Winchester 92 short rifle in 357. Nice fit and finish and I`m happy with the accuracy.BUT...this rebounding hammer just annoys me. I have looked at the instructions for fixing the 86, and I`ve looked at the parts involved. It appears to me that if I cut that bottom leg off the strut, it will be very close to coming out of the rear support bracket. Has anyone done this and ended up with a problem? Is there another strut that will fit, Browning or w/e? Just don`t want to get in too big a rush at amputating things.
Thanks to all in advance

pietro
11-29-2010, 02:47 PM
I would secure another/replacement strut in case I made an irreversible error, then NOT cut off the entire lower leg of the original strut.

I would grind off some of the strut's lower leg, then try it, grind/try/etc, until I got the results I wanted.

Jon K
11-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Don't take the whole thing off...cause then it can fall from the half-cock.

Take a little at a time, you'll wind up having taken 30-50%. That's where I've found it works to my liking.

Jon

MtGun44
11-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Agree - don't take the whole strut off, just rebalance the final position of the hammer
so you are not losing too much power and getting misfires.

Bill

dschultz
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Are there any replacement parts for the 92 like there are for the 86 eg. browning hammer, trigger sear?

I don't like the idea of just taking some of the lower leg off and not having a true half cock, mine no longer has the tang safety I put a vernier sight on it.

TIA