PDA

View Full Version : cd player

carpetman
10-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Have a CD player that will not play(it spins),someone said the head may need cleaning. How do you clean the head on a cd player?

crazy mark
10-11-2006, 11:00 PM
After how many years in the military and you don't know how to clean a head. Go to your local electronic store and buy a head cleaner kit. You can mess up them lasers pretty easily. Specially if you use wool.......

Jetwrench
10-11-2006, 11:56 PM
C-man you could use ED'S RED and a scotch bright pad:shock: :kidding: But really the head cleaner disk has really small bristles on the underside. It spins they clean and thats it. Alcohol and a scope lens cloth would be fine as a sub.JETWRENCH

carpetman
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I bought the laser lens cleaner---nothing. So I tried the alcohol--now it plays,but skips. I gave it several doses--still skips. Tried some lens cleaner for glasses---still skips. Tried my Leupold lens brush--still skips. Guess I buy a new one?

Bret4207
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
You could take it to a repair place and have them look at it. Might cost more than a new player though.

I had to operate on my wifes car CD player yesterday after Sir Whines a Lot shoved a 2nd CD in on top of the one that was already in there. The mechanicals aren't that big a deal, but the electronics are nothing more than magic to me. The player works, but Kim Karnes "Betty Davis Eyes" is mangled.

Ron
10-13-2006, 04:46 AM
I bought an LG CD/DVD combo drive last week. Pulled out the old one and fitted the new one in about ten minutes. For AU$55.00 it was well worth it.

Save yourself the hassels and buy a new one.

RayinNH
10-13-2006, 06:45 PM
carpetman, try a new CD. Maybe the old one is shot.[smilie=1:...Ray