PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday score!

imashooter2
11-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Spent the early afternoon today running errands with the wife. We drove past the Goodwill store and on a lark I had her pull in. Found a single pewter candlestick.

4.4 big ounces of tin for a buck. [smilie=w:

Oh well, at least I scored some good husband points. ;-)

fryboy
11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
" I scored some good husband points "

umm wouldnt that apply only if she got the candlestick ? ( or you bought her something else to go along with the quality time :P )
good score tho !!

imashooter2
11-27-2010, 01:12 AM
The good husband points came from helping with the chores. Over our 30+ years of marriage, I've managed to get the bar set pretty low.

As for the pewter... hardly worth starting the torch, but I did it anyway. ;-)

Charlie Two Tracks
11-27-2010, 10:34 PM
A whole lot better than my Black Friday. I went to the place I've gotten WW before and they didn't have any yet. I went to a salvage yard and it was taken over by a new company and wouldn't sell to the public. I stopped by an old gas station to see if they had any and the guy who owned it moulded duck decoy weights with the WW he got. Strike three! Your out. I went home and we ordered a pizza. I ate a whole bunch. Went to bed at 9.

buyobuyo
11-27-2010, 11:20 PM
My black Friday score involved my trailer hitch and someone's front bumper.

Came to a stop at a light and they hit me. Luckily they were almost stopped, so no damage to my truck or trailer hitch. They got a nice indentation in their bumper in return for their inattention.