PDA

View Full Version : Star lube press just needs a few parts...Lol

Swagerman
10-11-2006, 11:28 AM
OK, don't crowd, stop shoving, you'll get yer turn to bid on it...

There are 9 bids, bringing it up to $44.10 so far. Seller, estimates that it will need at least $80 in parts.

Jim :mrgreen:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/42_1PartofaStarluber.jpg

straightshooter1
10-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I saw that one. I'm not the most mechanical person in the world, so I didn't even consider it. I bought the like new one for a lot more, but at least I think it will work. This one looks pretty bad.

Bob

Swagerman
10-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Its not a piece of junk just because it needs a few parts...so, its fixable...but not a very good deal after you figure in the shipping of the item, the shipping on the parts -- you can add on another $20 to whatever the final bid level's out at.

Its probably better to buy one complete, you'll most likely save in the long run.

Jim

straightshooter1
10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
There have been several complete ones listed lately. I watched to try to get a really nice one, and did. Of course I paid through the nose (wonder where that expression came from?) but at least I know it is complete and will work. This one was just too bad for me (did I mention I was not really mechanically inclined?).

I followed the "which lube" thread and asked some questions and was convinced this was the luber to buy-just wanted to make sure it was okay from the getgo.

Bob

Swagerman
10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Bob, sounds like you got a really nice Star lube press.

Mine has a heater, but never have need for it yet. I'm not using hard lubes as I have too much Lyman old brown alox to use up first.

You will love the one pass through of the bullet progression as you feed swiftly through the lube die head first. It goes really fast compared to the other old style bottom feeders that require an in & out of the die body.

Jim

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/P6170017.jpg

straightshooter1
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks, I am counting on the speed and ease aspect. I'm one of those guys with the progressive press, etc. Don't mind the reloading, but would rather shoot. I think about casting the same way. Hope to make accurate boolits, but want to spend most of the time shooting them.

Bob

Lloyd Smale
10-11-2006, 06:30 PM
good body to make an automated one out of

rbwillnj
10-11-2006, 07:11 PM
As long as the aluminum castings are in tact, it should be salvagable. The castings that go around the lube reservoir are press fit, and are VERY difficult to replace, but not impossible. Like Loyde said, if you wanted to have a machine with Magma's air pressure lube feed, this could be a good machine to start from.

Swagerman
10-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, 10 minutes to go on the clock, and its up to $51.90, plus a little over $8.00 shipping.

This might not be a bad deal after all, some of you guys are pretty good making parts in your machine shops. But its over my head of capabilities.

I'm waiting to see if there is going to be any last minute sniping or killer final bids...nope, that's what it went for at $51.90.

Jim