PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on PatMarlins Wadmaker™

PatMarlin
11-26-2010, 12:55 PM
...:Fire:

I've got a question for BP shooters, and would like some feedback.

There are some BP shooters using my Checkmaker™ dies to punch wads for their BP pistols.

I can make dedicated wad cutter dies for muzzleloaders that operate the same way as the gas check dies, but have a taller material slot to accommodate your favorite wad materials.

Benefits would be...

The dies cut a perfect round wad that can be made any diameter size up to .520 for the time being with stock I machine now. Larger diameters would take a bit more design work on my part, but doable.

No more banging on a bench with a mallet. It would use your reloading press.

No more dealing with round punches (and sharpening thereof), and settling for near fitting sizes.

Easily sharpened by the user with no special skills using a flat diamond EZE-lap $7.95 hone. Probably cut thousands and thousands of wads without the need to sharpen.

Experiment with many materials that would otherwise deform with a round punch. Could open up new areas of load development.

Being into Muzzleloaders myself, I have other product designs in addition to the wad cutter that I would like to introduce to the market, and will in time. If you think this maybe something you would be interested in, your comments would be much appreciated.

If not no harm done, and no great expense or time wasted on my part... :Fire:

cajun shooter
11-26-2010, 01:50 PM
I use the hammer and punch to make my current 44-40 loads wads of felt. I also shoot a T/C 50 cal. Hawken and would be interested if priced right. Your flakes are the only thing I use in my casting.

PatMarlin
11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Well it's good to know this county grows something else well beside Cannabis.. :roll:

Thanks for the compliment David.

Dean D.
11-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Pat, I do not currently use any wads but if I did I would be very interested in one of your Wadmaker's. Sounds like the cat's meow to me.

DanWalker
11-26-2010, 06:07 PM
I shoot a 54 Hawken and would be VERY interested in something like that for cutting patches for Roundballs.

DIRT Farmer
11-26-2010, 10:31 PM
What would interest me more is a rotary punch for use in a drill press. I have made them from hole saws but the proper size and hardning eludes me.

Just Duke
11-28-2010, 04:35 AM
Suscribed

Captain*Kirk
11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Pat, very interested.
I currently shoot ,58 Remmy and '60 Army in .44; both using .454 RB and conicals, and '51 Navy in .36 shooting .375 RB/conicals. Also, Lyman Trade Rifle in .50 shooting .50 R.E.A.L. bullet, which I believe could also benefit from a wad.
I have an RCBS Rock Chucker press.

PatMarlin
12-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Well thanks for the input fellas. Looks like there may be some interest.

What finished diameters are we talkin?

SPRINGFIELDM141972
12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I think .456 would be great for the .454 pistol shooters...like me:-P

Regards,
Everett