PDA

View Full Version : Video Series: Tumble-lubing and sizing on the cheap

Cowboy T
11-22-2010, 03:11 AM
Time for another video series. I got asked for one about how to resize and lube cast boolits on the cheap. So, we did it. BTW, I assume that most readers of the CastBoolits forum already know this stuff, so as with my other vids, this is really aimed at the casting beginner.

This is a two-part video series. Part 1 goes into sizing the boolit. We use a Lee resizing die mounted on an inexpensive single-stage press. Part 2 goes into lubing. We use the tumble-lube method here, basically because I find it very convenient to use this method, especially when doing so in volume.

The example boolit is a 0.358" LRNFP with traditional lube grooves, i. e. not a so-called "tumble-lube" type. Yes, TL'ing traditionally grooved projectiles works and yields excellent results, including with beveled-base bullets.

As always, they are available on my Web site for free download. They are also available on the YouTube channel "sfliberal".

Safe shootin',

- T

kbstenberg
11-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Cowboy T I must have last nights fuzz still in by brain. In the past i have recorded your video of the Lee Pro 1000. But i just went to your site an i didn't find a link to see your new video on Sizing. Please direct me!
I have told you before how much i liked your video's. I i believe it needs repeating for all the new casters / loaders.
Kevin