PDA

View Full Version : had to put my puppy down :(

waco
11-21-2010, 03:25 AM
today i had to put my pit bull of 12 years down. was much harder than i thought it would be. it was hard seeing my wife and kids so sad. i will miss and love you always Rufus.. R.I.P. old friend
:cry:

cowboy
11-21-2010, 03:45 AM
Howdy-
sorry to hear the news. It never is easy, even when they are ailin'. Been through it several times; never get used to it, and never quite get over them being gone. Prayers out to you and yours, both present and departed.
cowboy

waco
11-21-2010, 03:58 AM
thanks cowboy
you just made my night a little easier.

WILCO
11-21-2010, 04:04 AM
was much harder than i thought it would be.

It's always hard Waco. "Puppies" are way too much like humans, no matter how old they are. I sobbed like I'd been kicked in the groin when I had to put my Lab down. Stay strong Brother.

waco
11-21-2010, 04:18 AM
thanks wilco
he was my first dog. never thought it would be so hard. your kind words will help me through the night. good to know my brothers here care. thanks again man.

Tazman1602
11-21-2010, 08:39 AM
............ was much harder than i thought it would be.....................
:cry:

Waco my wife and I been together almost 30 years now. Through that time we have outlived two complete sets of dogs -- we always have more than one. We've got a 13 year old miniature poodle who's the meanest sob in the valley around our pits and rotties. She's got heart disease and we know the day is coming, we just hope it won't be today.

.........and it never, ever gets any easier. Sorry for your loss man.

Art

winelover
11-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Waco, sorry for your loss. I know just how you feel. Wednesday I made the decision to put our 9 1/2 year old German Shepherd down. Couldn't get up anymore. Autoimmune diesease of the spine. Just remember the good times you and your family had with Rufus.

Winelover:sad:

Finster101
11-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear it. It sucks. That is about as eloquent as I can get on it.

twotoescharlie
11-21-2010, 10:17 AM
sorry for your loss Waco. had to do it to two pits both 11 1/2 to 12 years old, one with an enlarged heart the other with acute arthritis. hard to do, both were like children to me, best two dogs I have ever owned. on my third one now, hope she outlives me, can't go through it again. it don't get any easier. my condolances.

TTC

hoosierlogger
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM
sorry to hear it Walter, I have had 2 pits and they have a way of getting into your heart where no other dog can go. Thoughts to you and the family.

BSkerj
11-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Lost my German Shepard about a month ago. He was more than a dog...running partner, cabin builder, protector, baby sitter and felt like a brother.

On the lighter side, got a new Lab puppy...he is training me now ! So sorry for your loss ! I am sure you will see him on the Rainbow bridge.

11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
this is my greatest fear, my first dog Zoey who is 8 is really really sick right now. I keep hoping that it will get better, and i think it is. I'm sorry so very sorry.

There is a very special place where beloved pets go after they die. This is only a temporary location. But there are trees and grass and lakes, and everything they love. Here they can play and eat and sleep, even better than they did, before they died. Now, there are no aches or worries or dangers of any kind to trouble or threaten them. The only joy missing is their beloved human companion, you.

All health is restored completely, and all injuries are healed. Dogs and cats play with each other like youngsters, and they do not have time to feel lonely for you. They miss you, and with the special wisdom that animals have, they trust that this condition will get better. And they confidently wait as they frolic.

A wonderful day will come for each of them, when in the middle of playing they will suddenly feel something is different. And all their senses will be at the height of excitement and exuberance. They will sniff the air and look off in the distance where they recognize that dearly loved special presence. Then they will call out in elation, and with eyes shining and tail going wild, tear off at a full gallop, almost flying over the green grass.

Your expected arrival has been sensed, and now there is nothing that can keep the two of you apart, ever again. As you run toward each other the tears flow from your eyes. Your pet leaps into your arms, and you cling together in jubilant reunion. The joyous kisses are all over your face, and you kiss back, just as ecstatically. Your hands so lovingly caress once more the beloved fur, the head and neck and body you knew so well. And you look into each other’s loving eyes, and all those old, wonderful shared feelings are back, again.

And then something will call the both of you on, to a different field of warmth and nurture, where all the love you knew now comes to fruition. With your pet, you leave that special waiting area, walk into the main part of heaven, and begin a new existence there, together.

If you accept that pets can love us as much as we do them, then the logic is clear and cannot be denied. If you believe that there is a heaven for people, then they must be there, waiting for us, when we cross over. Heaven is love, and pets always share that with us.

Dean D.
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Waco, I feel your pain brother. In the past year we have had to put down 2 dogs, one my Brittany hunting dog named Pardner. I still feel a hole in my heart from his absence. Just try to remember the good times and feel blessed that you were a part of his life.

I am not looking forward to putting down our last dog. My wife's 15 year old yellow lab is on his last legs... :(

Stay strong brother, remember the good times.

Hamp54
11-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Waco- I feel every bit of what you’re going through. I’ve lost two in the last three years. I think about both of them almost every day. I have two more now (one is my avatar-the other is his mom) … both are shelter dogs. I do a little volunteer work with a local no- kill shelter and a truly believe shelter dogs are the only way to go. If the time comes to adopt a new dog take a look at your local shelters. I can never replace the ones I’ve lost but I sure love the ones I have.

Ajax
11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Waco, Brother i feel for you and you have our prayers. We had to put down our rot/shep mix about 2 years ago. At 6 mos old he had arthritis so bad he could barely walk almost killed my wife. I aint gonna lie there isnt a day that goes by i don't think about Rocky. With our american bulldog/am staff mix we have found it a little easier to get thru. Dogs have a special way of worming into our hearts no matter how we fight it, and because of that they becomepart of the family.

Andy

mroliver77
11-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I just now seen this.Sorry for your loss. I know how loveable the bully breeds are.
Jay

ZombieHitman
11-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Having had a few canine kin pass on myself, I sincerely appreciate your loss. My heart goes out to you in a huge way.
I console myself in knowing that, when I pass from this world, each and every one of them will be waiting for me, beside St. Peter, when I bring them the biskits in heaven, and we'll all go play in the fields of flowers of Heaven.
Rufus will be eagerly awaiting you when your day comes my friend.
He'll be there, wagging his tail, jumping up and down, just like he did so many times when you came home to him.

XTOL
11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Im so sorry for your loss...

I know exactly what you are going through. This past May
I had to put my German Shepherd down due to cancer.
He had been my best friend for 13 years. I was devastated.
I swore I would never get another dog. But in August I ended
up with a German Shepherd puppy. A girl this time. Her name
is Abby and is completely spoiled rotten...

When enough time has passed...you will know when...
get another dog. No better medicine...

Just Duke
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
So sorry. : (