PDA

View Full Version : Lubsizer lyman 4500

84mmcarl-gustav
11-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello,i justed got Lyman lusizer,and i would like to know about,the sizing die,if you got a .324 mold ,can it be sized in a .323 sizing die,or you have to get a .324 sizing die.thank:mrgreen:

canyon-ghost
11-20-2010, 10:42 AM
You can size lead down to almost 5 thousandths smaller. It has to do with the elasticity of lead. Most reloaders size to 2 one/thousandths larger than the bore. So, our lead bullets can be slightly oversize and work better. Undersized bullets will lead and usually don't shoot as well, they go a bit wild.
With the 4500, just make sure that you aren't using too much pressure. You'll notice it when it begins to 'smear' the lube grooves, or deform the grooves on the bullet. I use a heating element on mine, start the first boolit with gun oil and enjoy the press. I have two of them so, I like this system.

Ron

84mmcarl-gustav
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
thank you ,i will make the right choice now.

Mal Paso
11-21-2010, 08:53 PM
In 44 cal I found I need to use the next smaller die than the finish size I need. I don't know if it's the die flexing or the lead springing back but I get 431 boolits from my ( recent ) .430 Lyman Die. If you get more than light contact with the boolit during sizing you May want the next smaller die. I spent half as much on postage as I did for the dies ordering 1 at a time.