PDA

View Full Version : Deeley-Edge-Metford grouping

ResearchPress
11-16-2010, 02:55 AM
I took my Deeley-Edge-Metford for an outing at 600 yards at Bisley recently. The load hadn't been tried before, and I think it shows promise - only thing is I had a hollow group with several shots just above/below the bull!

The shoot took place in rain showers which may have contibuted to the stringing a little, as perhaps the lack of proper load development. Or was I just unlucky....?

There's a brief note on the shoot with a picture of the rifle and my plot of the shoot on my Research Press blog (http://researchpressuk.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/deeley-edge-metford/).

Any comments on the grouping?

David

Doc Highwall
11-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I have shot a lot of small bore with iron sights and eye placement/stock weld is VERY IMPORTANT. I see in the photo your lace on cheek pad and I am wondering if it it too soft/spongier then needs be. I have found that the amount of pressure I place on the stock will affect vertical and your cheek piece might be adding to this. Maybe you could take some of the softer padding out of it and replace it with something harder like wood and then place a thin piece of smooth leather over that.

ResearchPress
11-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Good point on the cheek piece, but it is quite firm. I don't like using them geneally... just another variable to deal with. However, with this rifle I need one at 900 yards plus. The grouping shown was shot at 600 yards and I didn't use a cheek piece.

David