PDA

View Full Version : "Good Ideas" Sticky Suggestion

Hammer
11-15-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm a relative newcommer, but I would like to submit an idea for consideration and discussion....

IMHO it would be neat to have a ''general" Sticky in each Sub-Forum where someone can post a "Good Idea" to share with others.... Often times while reading a totally unrealted topic, I will find a good idea "nugget" nestled in amongst the general dialogue.... The dialogue doesn't merrit "Sticky" recognition, but the "nugget" does.

For instance, I was just reading a post in the "Bullet Lubes" sub-forum on Barry-Darr Lube. I don't use it (Barry Darr Lube), but I was expanding my knowledge (so to speak.....). Nestled in that was a thread about using an old coffee pot to melt lube for puring directly into a lubri-sizer without having to go through the process of making sticks out of the lube....

What a great idea!!! Problem is, if you aren't even a little interested in Barry Darr lube - You will never see that idea....

We could add a "Good Idea" Sticky at the top of each sub-forum to "capture" these nuggets and potentially assist others in ramping up their learning curve.... Don't want to put whole threads in there - just the "nuggets" (maybe add a pointer to the thread...)

Just a thought for discussion - But I wonder how many other nuggets exist out there I (we) may never see becuase we dismiss the thread as a result of a subject line heading....

There is a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge in these forums and threads and it is hard to capture it all!!!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge and experience - I am having a ball learning and doing something I always had a curiousity about.

Ed