PDA

View Full Version : pedrosoli-v-uberti

bigted
11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
my pedrosoli "74" sharps that i love and fully enjoy shooting is becoming a mystery for me. ive turned the house upsidedown looking for my paperwork on this rifle to no avail.

i purchased this sharps re-pro gun with a 34 inch barrel and half round/half octagon. it shoots well for my needs and weighs around 12 lbs.

my wonderment comes with the barrel...it says rite on the top " uberti" and "stoeger" stamped rite up on top in very visible punches. under the barrel ..in front of the forearm...it has in dotted punch's 45/70 and the serial number.

now im certain that i bought a pedrosoli but cant find that word anywhere on the rifle.

WHY ?????

was i in dreamland when i bought this rifle from our local sportsman warehouse ??

Kenny Wasserburger
11-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Uberti's 74 Sharps are made for them by Pedersoli as I recall>

Maybe I am wrong but you have a Pederberti Sharps.

KW
The Lunger

NickSS
11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Actually I have one Uberti Sharps stamped like yours but under the forstock it says Pedersoli on the barrel. I also have a Pedersoli marked Pedersoli. They have different barrels (one round and the other Octegon and different wood (one has a military butt stock and the other has a pistol grip stock) but they are identical other than that.

hiram
11-12-2010, 12:38 AM
I have a Pedersoli (stamped on the receiver) and on top of the octagon barrel is stamped Taylor and Co.