PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all who served.

autofix4u
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I would like to give a big THANK YOU to all who served in the armed forces... Thank you for your service to our country.

Joshaua DeLozier PFC US Army 1994-1996

home in oz
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Hoo-ah!

Many thanks and honor to all who serve and have served.

Recluse
11-11-2010, 11:40 AM
On Memorial Day, I raise a toast and say a prayer for the fine men I served with who never came home. They were among the finest people I've ever been privileged to know.

On Veterans' Day, I raise a toast and say a prayer for the fine men and women I was privileged to serve with in defending the freedom this great nation continues to offer.

They are the finest people I've ever been blessed to have known.

Thank you to them and to everyone who ever put on a pair of combat boots. We're all brothers and sisters within the family which defends freedom.

:coffee:

EMC45
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Your welcome, and thank you too!!

96-01 USN Seabees NMCB74
05-11 USAFR 78LRS

Rocky Raab
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Even heroes have heroes.

One of my fellow FACs was flying the OV-10 Bronco when a surface-to-air missile hit his left engine. The resulting explosion and fire shredded the parachute of his Marine backseater and made the plane almost uncontrollable. He managed to get out over the South China Sea and away from further ground fire.

He knew that if they ejected, his backseater would be killed. But if the Bronco is ditched, it is always fatal to the frontseater.

Calmly and coolly, he ditched. The backseater made it.

Capt. Steven Bennet - MOH

82nd airborne
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow, thats a true hero. I have always said that there is no such thing as a living hero. (Jesus being the exception, but he had an ace up his sleeve) I think this may be because they almost always give their lives in the process.
Thankyou for all those who have sacrificed.
I need no thanks, I just did a job that I got paid for, however, I do have several friends who gave it all. To them, Thankyou. I have an armful of commemorative bracelets. All are displayed except for one, which has never came off. I wear it as a tribute to all that have passed in the line of duty.
Aaron

11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
thanks to all that served, my dad sent me this link he is going to participate I think it's a great idea for any one that wants to do it as well.

http://www.loc.gov/vets/
The Library of Congress has a Veterans History Project to "collect, preserve, and makes accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans so that future generations may hear directly from veterans and better understand the realities of war."

DCP
11-11-2010, 03:15 PM
God Bless Them All