PDA

View Full Version : Lost my good friend Jim Biebo

Triggerhappy
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Jim is who got me interested in casting in the first place. He was truly a gentleman and a lover of this country. Here's his obit for those that are interested. He will be sorely missed.

Brian

James August A. Biebow, 67
James August A. Biebow, 67, of Grangeville and formerly of Neenah, Wisc., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2010, at Syringa Hospital in Grangeville after a long battle with cardiac disease.
Jim was born July 26, 1943, at Neenah, Wisc., to Kenneth and Peggy Kuether Biebow. After high school he served in the U.S. Army, gaining awareness of the wonders of wildlife and importance of balance in nature. In 1969 he married his friend and love of his life, Helen Heinz, and began the journey to fulfillment. Number one son, Chad, was a blessing bringing new experiences and love for children. Number one daughter, Angela, brought surprise and delight. Jim loved his family.
In 1985 he packed his family and moved to Idaho to be closer to the basics in life and enjoy the freedoms of America. His interests in hunting and fishing were passed on to the children. An avid supporter and lifelong member of the NRA, Jim actively promoted the right to protect family and freedom through the friends of the NRA. Throughout his life, Jim supported and was actively involved with Ducks Unlimited, National Wildlife Turkey Federation, Pheasants Forever and NRA. A proud American, Jim believed in a strong, unified, educated country for the people, by the people, with the people in the pursuit of home, health and happiness. His hobbies included woodworking, hunting, fishing, NASCAR, and watching the Green Bay Packers.
Jim is survived by his wife, Helen, and their Labradors, Freemont, Chester and Betsy, at home in Grangeville; son, Chad, and his wife, Rachel, with grandchildren Alex, Damon and Justin of Grangeville; daughter, Angela, and her great support, Brett Halderson of Hilbert, Wisc.; brother Tom Biebow; mother-in-law, Norma Heinz; numerous sisters and brothers-in-law with their children all of Wisconsin.
Cremation has taken place. In lieu of flowers Jim requests that his friends and family take some time with a child to teach them the skills and values that make America what she was, is, and will become again, strong and self-supporting.

old turtle
11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
So sorry for the loss of your good friend. I always have a feeling of loss when ever we lose a fellow shooter. I am looking forward to teaching my granddaughters to shoot when they get about 6. James is the type of person who made the United States the great country it is.

Tazman1602
11-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Brian I am so sorry for you. That's the thing about those of us God lets live longer, it's a real bear to watch the people you really care about pass away.

Art

Dean D.
11-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Brian, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. From the sounds of it his loss will leave a hole in a lot of peoples lives. Rest in Peace Jim.

WILCO
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Stay strong Brian. Thanks for sharing the life story of this man with us.

Triggerhappy
11-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Oh, I'm not hurting too bad about it. I'm sure he's in a far better place now. His health and quality of life hasn't been good for a while now and he went out surrounded by family and friends. His family is strong and has a good outlook about his passing.

Thank you all for the kind sentiments.

Brian

82nd airborne
11-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Brian,
Your view on life is making it better. I tried looking at it both ways. However, we will keep you, yours, and his in our prayers.
Aaron